Ralph Davies group with some cracking pictures

Hey Nipper that Bailey driver wasnt Gordon Davies from Wales was it ■■
he eventaully drove a 113 for Ralph had a beard with a red birth mark on
the side of his face/neck !

Chris sent you a private message.

Chris B:
Ian, you have got a good memory, F456 was my first truck on Ralphs. I was looking through the photos you posted on here, some great memories there. Do you remember Mimi from Greece? :laughing: Reading through other posts I noticed the terrible news about Mike Hinton, I hope his brother can secure his release soon. Is there anyone else on here I would Know hiding behind user names?. Chris.

Mr Bubbs, long time no see mate. Nice to see your still about! Lol!
Rgds Bill Owen

some i took of one a few months back

Hi

Has anyone got any photos of the older units (older style FH’s and older) they could share please?

Also, any of the Nuffield units, which seem difficult to catch up with.

Any would be most appreciated.

Regards

Ryan

In the mid 90’s Ralph started employing knobs. I was in Macon one night and a Ralph Davies driver wanted to come back to my cab for a spliff. He was so ■■■■■■ that he left after 15 minutes and we continued well into the night. Early next morning I found a thick black wallet down the side of the seat and went in search of a Ralphy truck.

Finally I knocked the bloke up and he didnt even say thank you! Next time he won’t be so lucky I thought! Ungrateful ■■■■■

Chris B:
Hi, just found this site, and was plesantley surprised to hear a few names I remember from my time working for Ralph Davies (1990- 1999).All the PJK drivers mentioned in other threads, I recall very well. DeanB are you the Dean who worked in coopers. By the way my name is Chris Bubb.

Hi chris i never worked for ralph myself but had 2 relatives who did and also met a lot of his drivers whilst i worked for croome. And i have been working with neville barnes for the last few years . Here’s some names for you john turner ( my father ) steve bryant ( related by marriage somehow ) mick morrel , then there were the guys from superior who subbed for ralph, chris tolley and i think phil washington, a guy nicknamed corgi and several others i knew by 1st name only howard , martin etc oh and did you know steve williams ? little welsh guy who had bad do in italy a few years back .

Hi Turnip.
I noticed your name on here a few times, and when I read some of your posts I wondered whether you were related. I ran with your dad loads of times to spain when he was on Ralphs, also when he was on for croombs when we did the computers I met him in moscow a few times. I remember most of the blokes you mentioned but I think its only mike morrell who still works there. Say hello to your dad and Nevill for me.
Chris.

Guys

I think Alex Henderson (ten bullies) is still there as well on the scanner works

Regards

Alex has handed in his resignation (again) and leaves on thursday mate

Bill

Some of you may remember Vladimir from smolensk. He contacted at least Alex since posting the message below early last year. His email is at the bottom.

I am looking for some contacts with old drivers working something like 10 years ago I mean that period of time, particularly, such drivers as

Mike Morrell
Alex Henderson
Nick Far
Stevey Wilson
Durrel(seems he should be now 38y.o.)as 10 yrs ago he was 28,
Bill(10yrs ago he was 28 also, so now he is 38 definitly),

also one good guy Paul or Peter(he drove quite a lot to alma-ata & afterwards he went to work into the office of RD) he looks pretty much like famous french football player David Ginola who was brilliant exactly in that time, he was very good & kind to me, he had a bit long hairs like Ginola and I am sure he was working in the office Peter I am sure, not Paul, he was also smth like 28-32 years old in that time, he liked football a lot AND played himself as well pretty good, at least he told me that I remember that day very well, winter was & that was his last trip to russia, even may be in general as a driver, he was going to sit in the office after the trip.

vel13ccm@mail.ru

Nick Farr is a site manager at a electrical company and lives in gloucester, and I think Darrel runs a taxi firm in Bishops Cleeve.

Chris B:
Hi Turnip.
I noticed your name on here a few times, and when I read some of your posts I wondered whether you were related. I ran with your dad loads of times to spain when he was on Ralphs, also when he was on for croombs when we did the computers I met him in moscow a few times. I remember most of the blokes you mentioned but I think its only mike morrell who still works there. Say hello to your dad and Nevill for me.
Chris.

You will remember him as the shy retiring type who shunned the demon alcohol no doubt .

Spot on there Turnip, I suppose he still goes to church on sundays aswell. :laughing:

I must be the only bloke never to have an ■■■■■■ when I see a RD motor. To be honest, the shiny Black and Red with a white fridge doesn’t do it for me. I prefer the pictures of Ian Parkinson, especially with a liveried fridge.

Give me any Ralph D or any other in its own filth though and I will be a happy man. The dirtier the better :stuck_out_tongue:

This looks nice though, even though it is a Scania

I must be the only bloke never to have an ■■■■■■ when I see a RD motor

Nope, me neither.

seen one of parkies the other day with a fridge on there was a rumor on here he stopped doing the fridges :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dreva:
seen one of parkies the other day with a fridge on there was a rumor on here he stopped doing the fridges :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Indeed, they had an auction selling off all the fridges and most of the International fleets tractor units, I think they kept a few of them for the tipper fleet now pulling scrap around.

Ross.

Y111RDF:
Some of you may remember Vladimir from smolensk. He contacted at least Alex since posting the message below early last year. His email is at the bottom.

I am looking for some contacts with old drivers working something like 10 years ago I mean that period of time, particularly, such drivers as

Mike Morrell
Alex Henderson
Nick Far
Stevey Wilson
Durrel(seems he should be now 38y.o.)as 10 yrs ago he was 28,
Bill(10yrs ago he was 28 also, so now he is 38 definitly),

also one good guy Paul or Peter(he drove quite a lot to alma-ata & afterwards he went to work into the office of RD) he looks pretty much like famous french football player David Ginola who was brilliant exactly in that time, he was very good & kind to me, he had a bit long hairs like Ginola and I am sure he was working in the office Peter I am sure, not Paul, he was also smth like 28-32 years old in that time, he liked football a lot AND played himself as well pretty good, at least he told me that I remember that day very well, winter was & that was his last trip to russia, even may be in general as a driver, he was going to sit in the office after the trip.

vel13ccm@mail.ru

As far as I know Darryl works for Countrywide out of near Upton upon Severn. I spoke to Blindboy (Alan Walker) the other day and he used to work with Darryl at MLC. I can get a phone number if you want. We are talking about the same Darryl I think. Age is about right, quite tall, bald, generally a really nice bloke. He left Ralphs to become a bricklayer in Cleeve. Dave Burley, (Keyop) also knows him and speaks to him regularly.

hi every one its tenbellies

Welcome Alex how you doing me old mucker sent you a pm shag. :smiley: