LDD truck & driver

do you remember long distance diary in t&d i found it an enjoyable read when i was a kid you used to get great photos of trucks and places of all over europe it was cuz of these stories i wanted to do international work.they used to do a map aswell .there was ralph davis in his 142 to spain lowes of paddock wood to germany .kenny williamson scotch to kent and back walkers of tuxford with textiles to eastern europe to name but a few.so come on t&d bring it back for old times sake. :laughing:

it has always been in TRUCK to my knowledge as T&D was not around then.

i had a look through some back issues i have

feb 04 magnum to monza

apr 03 pioneers of international haulage

may 02 the road to poland

oct 02 aberdeen to germany

jan 02 road to romania

july 01 em rogers to italy

there have been others which i did not keep
your right they sometimes make interesting reading

jon

I think you’ll find that LDD was in TRUCK,not T&D,but I also enjoyed them.

Like Whittle International going to Jordan with Seddon Atki’s,FB Atkins to France with Fiat 170’s.

i stand corrected it was in truck .i used to have copies of truck incorparting truck and driver but that didnt last long as it went back to just being truck :laughing:

You know, I think I actually remember reading the one about Whittles and the Sedd Acks!

Mal.

Mal:
You know, I think I actually remember reading the one about Whittles and the Sedd Acks!

Mal.

now why would that be? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

Mal:

Mal.

now why would that be? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: Yeah, I didnt think of that!

Anyway, my SA days are numbered, Im getting a Eurostar 420 just now! I dont know if thats a sideways move, but it does have aircon, is a year newer, and has a lot bigger cab! Im still keeping me badge though! :wink:

Mal.

Mal:
Im still keeping me badge though!

lmao

is that another one for the cellar?

north surrey haulage:

Mal:
Im still keeping me badge though!

lmao

is that another one for the cellar?

:laughing: Yepp!

I just wondered, do you think liking Sedd Acks is a bona fide medical condition?

Mal.

yep it’s physcological :wink:

actually i think that should be
it’s physco &
unlogical

:laughing:

ooops spelling :blush: :blush:

north surrey haulage:
actually i think that should be
it’s physco &
unlogical

:laughing:

That’ll do for me! :smiley:

Mal.

it would be nice to think that british hauliers would be doing exotic locations again…but i doubt it now all the good jobs !! will be coming here from exotic locations…

I think I saw Mals truck with the badge on it.

It looked like Sudden Accident

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Sorry Mal.
My attempt at Humour

I remember reading in trucking, about a group of Ralph Davies’ volvo’s that went to Uzbekistan or somewhere near China anyway. Made for some interesting reading for me.
I also remember reading about a long distance trip with one of Astrans aswell.

Also I am very enjoy reading the Truck & Driver magaxzine in this months, they talk about Eastern European Border Queues it is very interesting. I love to reading the Brits lorries travelling to Contential. I love it! :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I think I saw Mals truck with the badge on it.

It looked like Sudden Accident

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Sorry Mal.
My attempt at Humour

Its all coming to an end soon Malc! Im getting a 420 Eurostar soon, not much better OK, but more room!

Mal.