Long Distance Diary

Who do you reckon owns the copyright on all those great LDD’s from Truck Magazine of old? Is Phil Llewelyn still going? I’d love to see them all in a series of books - they were amazing as a window into a better time.

The man himself passed away a few years ago, and the magazine is defunct so i dunno - they would make a nice compilation book though as you suggest

Truck Mag was integrated into Truck and Driver, would suggest they hold copyright!!

That would be Reed publishing then

Oh shame Phil went - he was a big smoker though, that came across in the stories.

as a truck mad kid growing up in the 1970’s.ldd by phil llewellyn was the best.i regularly read these back issues of truck to laugh once again at phil’s inimitable writing style.i also have the book “the road to muckle fluga” by him.rip

The road to Muckle Flugger by the esteemed Phil Llewellyn is a collection of his LDDs, both in cars & trucks, as pete359 says it’s a very good read :wink:

I too loved the LDDs in TRUCK magazine, they were a great influence on my own writing, I did a LDD of my own back in 2001, nowhere near as good as any of Mr Llewellyn’s, but an honour none the less, I have another one going in the October issue of Truck & Driver (on the shelves in early September) hopefully it’ll be as well received as those of the great man himself :wink:

Thanks guys, just buying it off Amazon - less than a fiver delivered!

I’ll be getting that book then! Along with Pat Kennet, PL was my absolute transport journo idol during my formative TRUCK Magazine years (84-87) - I even had a letter about him printed once!

Often used to look his articles in CAR Magazine too, whilst stood in WH Smiths. All in a similar vein as you may expect.

Thanks for the tip guys.

the author has the copyright as i found out when i got told off for posting them and told if the authors ok they will stay up if they were not they would be removed hope this clears that one up as i was told 2 of the authors were active members on this site :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

amazon.co.uk/Truckers-True-E … 09&sr=1-19 :smiley:

pigpen:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Truckers-True-Erotica-Johnny-Hansen/dp/1573442496/ref=sr_1_19?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282679709&sr=1-19 :smiley:

Stop blowing your own trumpet!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: