Late response to a previous issue from Jan 04

Just been on the ‘Feedback Forum’ and read ‘Limited Access for Guests’.

Convinced by Rikki’s argument I have just added a ‘No’ vote to it, maybe a little late but I was not a member at that time the original point was debated.

My reason for this note is from Rikki’s comments about the covering the admin cost of running the site. I for one would not be averse to making a small contribution if it means this site can continue.

What do others feel, or am I about to open a can of worms I may live to regret?

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

this site makes a valuble contribution to all that use it
it informs ,educates ,makes people smile :smiley: ,makes people angry :imp: sometimes makes people cry :frowning: but ussually makes people laugh :laughing:
i have had so much good advice on this site from help with finding a job to advice on how not to kill myself and others doing my job
i dont know how many people would pay to use this place but to me its been priceless

cheers ricci, lucy an all the others peeps who give their time to make this site what it is

im going all emotional sniff

Basically, whilst your offer is much appreciated, the whole ethos of TNUK revolves around the fact that we will never take money from drivers…we’d shut the site down first! :wink:

That’s the quick reply…I’m sure Rikki will post the usual “Oscar speech” on the subject when he spots it after having a few beers later… :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This should really be in the Feedback Forum too…but I’ll leave it in here for a while as it’s an important subject which some who are new to the site may not be aware of the “policy” on.

The best way you can help keep the site going is by clicking on the banner ads from time to time…although we’re always after more volunteers for the News Team! :bulb: :wink: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lucy:
Basically, whilst your offer is much appreciated, the whole ethos of TNUK revolves around the fact that we will never take money from drivers…we’d shut the site down first! :wink:

That’s the quick reply…I’m sure Rikki will post the usual “Oscar speech” on the subject when he spots it after having a few beers later… :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This should really be in the Feedback Forum too…but I’ll leave it in here for a while as it’s an important subject which some who are new to the site may not be aware of the “policy” on.

The best way you can help keep the site going is by clicking on the banner ads from time to time…although we’re always after more volunteers for the News Team! :bulb: :wink: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Lucy, comments duly noted, but if it ever goes to the wire, remember this. Would be happy to be involved with the ‘News Team’ but would seriously question what I have to contirbute, there are clearly those better placed than I
to provide input to the site.