Memberlist

I just had a look through the memberlist (just had a nosey moment) and i could not believe :open_mouth: how many people are registered and have made no posts.

Come on now dont be shy come say hello to us all.

:open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth: :confused:

Jammi, thast the very reason why Rikki started the ā€˜Sign Inā€™ thread, just so that we can see who does still use and read the forumsā€¦
Does make you wonder why they joinedā€¦ :unamused:

But as Jammi says, Get Posting guys and gurls of the No-Post brigadeā€¦ :laughing:

They are probably illegal immigrants who cant speak english :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This post was meant purely as a joke, and if you dont take it that way

Sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

If they cant speak English how did they register Wheel nut ?. But if they canā€™t Theyā€™ll never know what you said, not unless someone translates for them, so no need to apologise.

be careful guyā€™s :wink:

pam
site admin

:confused: :confused: Apart from Jammyā€™s observations re: the ā€œregistered as members, but have never ever posted (even to say hello !?! ) brigadeā€, I myself have noticed something else that has made me curious.
A fair number of people have posted once only to ask a question.That question has then been answered or advice freely given, and thenā€¦nothing. :frowning: We never hear from them again.It would have been nice for these people to have kept in touch, to update us all on their progress.
For example: Did you decide against the change of career to become a driver? Did you get the training grant that you asked us about last year? Did you get a start with that logistics firm you asked us about and soon wished you hadnā€™t ?
I believe these forums are about the sharing of information, as much as anything else.Having had answers to their own questions,it would be nice to think that these ā€œsingle - postersā€ would then be prepared to then carry on being an active (even if just occasional ) poster to maybe give an answer to someone elses question. :wink: Or maybe just make an observation or comment on a subject than you recognise being discussed that day. Or have I got this idea of Forums / Bulletin Boards all wrong ?

If youā€™re reading this and feeling a bit guilty - why not join in with us lot (again !)?
It would bring a bit of variety to the proceedings and add to the 40 or 50 ā€˜regularā€™ posters, some of whom are a bit more regular than others. :laughing: :laughing: That would then be your own contribution, albeit in a small way to help this excellent site to carry on going from strength to strength -go on, you must have an opinion on something, surely ā– ā–  :wink: :wink:

Oh ok then

Hello :slight_smile:

ok i feel guilty now :slight_smile:
i used to post a while back ,i originally joined about two years ago ( a different user name then) Iā€™ve got a class 1 licence but not used it , i did get a job driving class 2 about 18 months ago but unfortunately the firm i work with put me with another driver which was supposed to be for 3 days or so who i didnā€™t get along with as he criticised every thing i did and i mean everything :frowning:
i donā€™t mind criticism if itā€™s constructif but it was not, everything had to be done his way and i mean everything, he moaned none stop about my driving, the way i got pallets off and on, which drops i did first moan moan moan :imp:
i just soaked it up and kept my head down after all it was only for a few days but then i was told the waggon i was to get wouldnā€™t be ready for two more weeks and that was that for me i jacked it in, i know i should have tried to stick it out but it really did my head in.
so off i went back to my old job in retail and recently i have been reading the posts on here as iā€™m getting sick of my job, the problem i have now is i earn around Ā£19,000 a year and i donā€™t want to risk agency driving i need a steady income (wife and two Kiddā€™s to feed) i was hoping a driver shortage would start to bite and people would start to take drivers with little or no experience but it donā€™t look like it so iā€™m not sure were i go from here
sorry if it seems like iā€™m moaning but you asked for itā€¦ :smiley: :smiley:
i will try and make a few more posts after all there is an awful lot of help and advice on here :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to Trucknet Liam!!
Join in mate weā€™re a friendly bunch! :wink:
And you DaveW

I am sure you have some stories to tell or some advice to give! even maybe a unanswered question?

You may not get the right answer! but you will find Trucknet interesting and a fun place to visit!!

wowā€¦i see what you mean about people not posting this topic has 240 views and only 9 posts :open_mouth:

davew:
wowā€¦i see what you mean about people not posting this topic has 240 views and only 9 posts :open_mouth:

Some of us just check to make sure you are all being good little truckers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bully

OK OK. Yes Iā€™m guilty of reading and not posting. I never sign in, but read anyway. From now on I will sign in.

Lorraine :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Iā€™m guilty tooā€¦sorry.
Iā€™m fairly new to the contintental side of things and i asked a few questions early on and got VERY comprehensive answers to everything I ever wanted to know. I will always remember the people whose brains i picked. Thank you.
I hardly ever get a chance to get on the net because iā€™m away for most of the week an when i return i spend that time with my daughter in Ireland. (although Iā€™m not Irish - itā€™s a long boring story involving a messy divorce). I try to log in whenever I can, but itā€™s hard for me. BUT I WILL MAKE MORE OF AN EFFORT IN FUTURE. THANK YOU GUYS FOR PROVIDING A FANTASTIC SERVICE FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME.

Youā€™re welcome :smiley:

Iā€™m here :laughing:

Quiet but Iā€™m here :blush:

We do appreciate that most of you guys and gurls out there are away a lot, up the road all week, and that we all have lives to lead, but Its nice to know that people are still about.
So if you can just log in, even if you are just readingā€¦ it makes it easier just to add little comments, if you see something that warrents itā€¦ :wink:

Ah zo !!!

Beeg bruzzer ees vatching !!!

And he haz vays of making you post. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Willy Gofar:
Ah zo !!!

Beeg bruzzer ees vatching !!!

And he haz vays of making you post. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Subtitles are available on page 888. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses: