Unfortunately did not take photos :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
There was an ERF E series 6 X 2 tractor unit F reg
Two Foden eight wheelers S39
One Foden tractor unit S39
And finally another Foden eight wheeler but I would not like to say which model
possibly a mickey mouse but cannot be sure
Also another Foden cab on the floor

Anyone local throw some light/info on this

Well Gentlemen, dear old Cyril Forrester, a real Gentleman. Bought the very first Volvo 8 speed F88 that we sold at Hartshornes, Chrome Grille. Ran it for two years on the farm collecting Hay and Straw before he registered her!!!

Lovely business down on Whixall Moss, ran some very smart kit, Rob Owens was still selling Cyril F10s in the late 80s, (despite Russell Cadwallader screaming in protest)!! And he liked Foden…but “proper” transport men always did!

Spent many a happy day up there on the farm, Gods country d`ont you know.

Cheerio for now.

Saviem:
Well Gentlemen, dear old Cyril Forrester, a real Gentleman. Bought the very first Volvo 8 speed F88 that we sold at Hartshornes, Chrome Grille. Ran it for two years on the farm collecting Hay and Straw before he registered her!!!

Lovely business down on Whixall Moss, ran some very smart kit, Rob Owens was still selling Cyril F10s in the late 80s, (despite Russell Cadwallader screaming in protest)!! And he liked Foden…but “proper” transport men always did!

Spent many a happy day up there on the farm, Gods country d`ont you know.

Cheerio for now.

Saviem

Why are they still there
Does Mr Forrester still own the yard
Will he not sell

S39 tractor unit looks in good order wondering if original factory build or cut down eight wheeler

dessert driver:
Hi fryske
Cyril Forrester sold out to IIRC P+O at Middlewich and they kept big Fred on as transport manager and he used to travel up there every day untill pritty resent.There are still a few trucks at the old yard and a few at Billy Furbers scrap yard at Prees. Mainly Fodens and 110/111 Scanias still a few tanks about as well. Beleave me they are all as rotton as rust and falling to pieces due to the chemicals they used to carry.

Regards Keith

Hi Keith you are correct about P&O buying Forresters they had a depot at Elworth Sandbach and Fred was there with them until P&O finnished in 2003 (Peter Lynch Tankers moved into the yard and Cliff Sayer of Sayers Road Tanks Leeming Bar Northallerton purchased most if not all of there tanks and refurbed them and leased them out to the likes of Lynch and us at Direct North West.
This was one of Forresters/P&Os after having a refurb at Sayers.(HYPO TANK)

Hypo tank T45.JPG

some Forresters pictures are on the N Wales thread . Scania and ERFS thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info. in this thread -

The last one is CUJ834C iirc

anyone know anything about this firm - had a yard near Whixall in Shropshire

they had red fodens and latterly some ERFs

Hi fryske
Cyril Forrester sold out to IIRC P+O at Middlewich and they kept big Fred on as transport manager and he used to travel up there every day untill pritty resent.There are still a few trucks at the old yard and a few at Billy Furbers scrap yard at Prees. Mainly Fodens and 110/111 Scanias still a few tanks about as well. Beleave me they are all as rotton as rust and falling to pieces due to the chemicals they used to carry.

Regards Keith

dessert driver:
Hi fryske

Regards Keith

cheers for the info.

I’ve seen the yard out in the wilds ---- I know what you mean about the wagons¬!

Hi all,

Went to the yard at Whixall last week - there are still a number of wagons at the back but they are very difficult to get at - look very much like Fodens to me. Unfortunately there was no one around to see if I could have a nose about and the hedge is too thick to see through. Will try again next week and see if I have more success.

fryske:

dessert driver:
Hi fryske

Regards Keith

cheers for the info.

I’ve seen the yard out in the wilds ---- I know what you mean about the wagons¬!

Hi boys
I went past Billy Furbers yard at Prees today and took these photos. sorry they have not come out very well, I was standing on top of a digger to get the best angle I could but still not that great.

The 111 at the back is cab only but like the others is compleatly rotton,and the front nearside of the Foden is hanging off.I think these were the trucks that were parked at Vin Huxleys old yard off Mill St Higher heath until Grocotts took it over to make a car park for there old offices 5/6 years ago.

Regards Keith