L.e.d signs

Anybody know, who makes L.E.D signs, I want my mercedes star done on the grill, Thx Karl

i believe these are already available from merc so pop down to the dealer and ask, then be prepared to part with several hundred of your best british pounds

Barcelona_Karl:
‘…Anybody know, who makes L.E.D signs…’

Chinese children probably make them …good manners urge my resistance to suggest who buys them.

The hut in Golden Fleece Services may be able to help as he does light boards

grousebeater:
i believe these are already available from merc so pop down to the dealer and ask, then be prepared to part with several hundred of your best british pounds

christ :open_mouth: that’ll buy you a few litres of motion lotion…a fool and his money :bulb: (from an owner drivers view)no offence intended.andy.

Happy Kieth wrote’ ’ Chinese children probably make them …good manners urge my resistance to suggest who buys them. ’ , don’t want the run of the mill stuff, i am prepared to pay a profesional to make one. don’t go lumping me in with people that exploit cheap labour .

merc do sell them and they look very smart but when they fit them to the new { mp3?} they only light up when stationery, still, wouldnt be rocket science to swap the power over to sidelight feed and have them on all the time

Are they not an optional extra on a new one ■■?

I did hear mercedes done them , i’ll have too find out what colours , I want orange, thx for all replies so far. Karl

Here you good guys they are wellmade and a good price… :smiley:
jblogos.co.uk

Happy Keith:
Chinese children probably make them …good manners urge my resistance to suggest who buys them.

Your a little out of touch with the real world Keith

China has employment regulations as well, although once kids reach 15 they can start work legally, they also have a minimum wage in force now, along with guaranteed holidays etc, but just like the UK and other countries there will be employers who flout the regulations.

As for low wages, yes I’ll agree with you their, £200 per month aint a lot but then again, when the goods they buy from the shops are a fraction of the price in the UK you have to also consider the larger companies such as Coca Cola average 50p + per can in UK compared to 7p in China :wink:

Times have changed over the past 10 years, the more goods China Supplies to the EU the more the chinese companies have to adhere to European Guidelines / Instructions

As for making LED Lights in the shape of the Mecedes Star, they are pretty easy to do, the likes of Maplins sell books with projects in them that can be adapted, and they would cost a fraction of the price, I reckon around a tenner max for the components.

Guy in Germany is selling them on E-bay with white LED’s,but you can ask him to make one with amber instead.

cgi.ebay.de/Weiss-leucht-Mercede … 240%3A1318

Thats about £85 english aint it

Thx for that , Kw , exactly what i was after. Karl

1 x BE4017
1 x NE555

However Many Led’s you want to use and a little use of the solder Iron would give you exactly the same, and a ■■■■ site cheaper Lol

Cheers KW,i just bought one too. I know that i will need to be very careful when washing the front of the truck now,bulbs cant swim you know.

Davey Driver:
1 x BE4017
1 x NE555

However Many Led’s you want to use and a little use of the solder Iron would give you exactly the same, and a ■■■■ site cheaper Lol

Agree, make it yourself, LEDs are cheap as chips and easy as pie to wire up, so with those 2 similies a trucker should be fine doing it himself.

Merc want £200 and an ebay seller wants £85, you could do it yourself for about £10 i’d say.

Davey Driver:
'…You[‘re] a little out of touch with the real world Keith…China has employment regulations as well…’ blah, etc, blah, etc

Yeah,right.

(Having lived & worked in Hong Kong for four years plus & visited China within the last two years I’m coping alright, ta).