LED cab sign

Any one know where you can buy a cheap one of these?
cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-MERC-LOR … 286.c0.m14

that is cheap! i saw one advertised for 150 quid on a dutch site the other day

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused:
Maybe i will just put my electronics lessons to the test and make one like he did. :smiley:
Any advise on making one :question: I guess you would just get lots of LED’s and some resistors,a switch,a plug and some card. :smiley:

Ebay. Simple.
Dont bother to attempt to make one, you will waste money and in the long run it will be cheaper to jut buy one.

Probably true but i would like to make one. :smiley:

JoeG:
Ebay. Simple.
Dont bother to attempt to make one, you will waste money and in the long run it will be cheaper to jut buy one.

But you wont get the same amount of satisfaction in buying one compared to making one yourself… :wink:

DAF95XF:

JoeG:
Ebay. Simple.

But you wont get the same amount of satisfaction in buying one compared to making one yourself… :wink:

You also wont get annoyed with it when you mess it up, and think to yourself, “yeh that looks good” but really in the back of your mind your thinking, “well that bit there looks abit [zb] and so does that one, if i had spent that bit more and bought one it would be perfect”

:wink:

My suggestive two pennys worth!

It would be alot easier to do something backlit rather than drilling out loads of holes for LED’s! :sunglasses:

removalboy:
I guess you would just get lots of LED’s and some resistors,a switch,a plug and some card. :smiley:

thats a hell of a load of LEDs Id need to make up my full nickname “Peirre O`Bollox” :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

but you`ll spend less time in the pub with your mates

zebadee:
My suggestive two pennys worth!

It would be alot easier to do something backlit rather than drilling out loads of holes for LED’s! :sunglasses:

strips of LEDs are cheap and easily available, buy them by the inch or foot, put the main decal on a board, stick the LEDs on the edge, and sandwich the lot with a perspex cover/frame

looks bit cheap looking. i know me oldman knows some guy in germany does aload of them, he l.e.d the actual merc symbol on the grill, looks :sunglasses:

DAF95XF:

JoeG:
Ebay. Simple.

Exactly :exclamation: :smiley: And i could impress my tech teacher :wink: :smiley:

peirre:

I’m only 14 :open_mouth: :smiley:

removalboy:

peirre:

yeah, and your point is :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

just a suggestion but if you do buy one try and get one with a dimmer switch on it as sometines they so bright the reflection on the windscreen can be annoying and can make it seem blurry looking in from the outside

scotstrucker:
just a suggestion but if you do buy one try and get one with a dimmer switch on it as sometines they so bright the reflection on the windscreen can be annoying and can make it seem blurry looking in from the outside

I’d just fit an off switch :smiley:
I must be getting old but having something like that hanging up in the back of the cab distracting me does nothing for me

scotstrucker:

Or cut the cable, bit the plastic covering on the cable off, get a dimmer switch, wrap the bare wires onto the right bits on the dimmer switch and your well away.
If the wire looks loose on the dimmer switch connections, gaffa tape/electrical tape or even bluetak will keep it in place.

:open_mouth: I see your an electrician frelancing as a truck driver Joe :smiley:

chaversdad:

removalboy:

peirre:

yeah, and your point is :laughing:

Haha :laughing: :laughing:
Exactly chavers aha