Knutsford and poplar

Are Knutsford about to ban trucks from there services, new signs show trucks are not allowed and there are also new signs for Pops. Surely they are not allowed to do this, don’t they have to provide spaces for HGV parking, there are not enough parking spaces for us now.

knutsford as always been a terrible place to park.for one there isn’t enough truck bays and when you do go in there you find that its being used as a satalite depot for willi betz trucks.

poplar gets full pretty quick on a night time but is by far a better place.even though moto now run it

jon

Poplar being Poplar2000 @ Lymm ? If so, then you must have heard wrong. That place IS a truck-stop. Can accomo 300+ trucks easy I reckon.

moto have there name plastered all over the place they have control of the restaurant if not the shop as well.

the truck accesories shop still runs independantly.

we do a carnforth trunk on night’s and i have my 45 in there and there is no bays avalible due to the bit at the exit being used for change overs.

jon

moto cant ban trucks and must as far as i under stand by law provide parking for trucks the reason they are doing this is that moto took over poplar few years ago and would probably prefer trucks use pops as i say earlier as far as i know they cant ban trucks from knutford as doing so would go against there lease on the service area yes i did say lease :laughing:

the motorway sign advertising moto and poplar has had both places wiped out with grey paint on the nb side.only roadchef has been left unscathed.

Have a closer look and you will see where it is greyed out underneath it there is a sign banning HGVs from the services at Knutsford

Many months ago when I complained to a Moto manager about not providing the service required for a motorway service area, (As defined by the Highways Agency) I was told that as Moto had now bought the freehold of all the service areas they operate they no longer had to comply with the HA requirements.

This may or may not be true…

seems it was true martin. reading in the latest edition of a trucking type mag we are now not catered for at knutsford. thats all fine and dandy… will they now stop the bloody coach loads of derby and joan pensioners going into lymm?! :imp: :imp: :imp:

I made the mistake of pulling into BP at South Mimms yesterday, well it was either that or a meal on the train :cry:

The place was full of tampax machine reps and a spotty youth behind the counter.

They dont do breakfasts after 12 noon, they dont do dinners till after 3.

They do a brunch which is a breakfast with chips, so I ordered that without chips :exclamation: Sorry we cant serve it like that :question:

:frowning: Poplar is exactly what it says. POPULAR
I pulled on there at 8pm on tuesday and it was full.No chance of a quiet nights kip.Why do drivers have to leave the engine running for 10-15 minutes b4 moving off■■?

tonyb:
Why do drivers have to leave the engine running for 10-15 minutes b4 moving off■■?

Cos’ I’ve got the coffee percolater going of course!
As it’s 500w it’s quicker with the engine running :wink:

i was in lymm on weds night at it got packed even with the diesel dippers being present,its not a bad place its just a pity the grub lets them down,mc nasty must make a tidy proffit with drivers going in there

Why is it that Lymm is one of the only truckstops allowed to put up advertsing signs on the motorway but other independant truckstops are banned from signing.

Couldn’t have anything to do with Moto owning them & Moto being one of the established MSA brands who like to make contributions to political parties.

If I park there (rarely) I eat in Micky D’s and I thnink their food is cac so what does that say about Moto’s fayre

I think every truckstop should have direction signs from the motorway & trunk routes with distance markers on them

north surrey haulage:
If I park there (rarely) I eat in Micky D’s and I thnink their food is cac so what does that say about Moto’s fayre

I don’t rate the place at all,the food is very pricey for the amount you get on your plate and the toilets/showers are’nt much better.
It still disgusts me having to pay for parking in the UK :imp: