Knutsford services S/B no HGV parking

For info. There is no HGV parking at Knutsford services on the southbound side, this is ongoing until Tuesday 18th Feb. It seems they are “refurbishing” the whole of the HGV parking area, and presently it’s all dug up.
Fuel pumps are still open for HGV’s but there’s no-where to park.

I thought Knutsford was non HGV anyway?

There is some HGV parking normally, not a lot, but some.

Coach park? :wink:

Rhythm Thief:

when nimbys wanted trucks off knutsford mid nineties, they built lymm pops 2000! Then knutsford tried clamping/ harassing drivers for having how very dare they have a break! :sunglasses: utter nimbism :laughing: they’re just knobs! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: how do they everything delivered there? :wink: a MAGIC WAND! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Rhythm Thief:

I asked the staff in the garage about that when fueling up, she said just ignore it, it’s not like it’s a legal sign anyway.

Trucks parking in coach parks is becoming a big issue after the car transporter at Beaconsfield Services, took two windows out of a coach, covering the school kids in glass, whilst reversing out of a coach bay. With threat of legal action, service area operators are starting to enforce coach only bays a bit more rigorously. Newport Pagnell Southbound is an example. I have heard that Toddington have issued parking tickets to trucks parked in coach park but I’m not sure how correct that is?

extrucker:
Trucks parking in coach parks is becoming a big issue after the car transporter at Beaconsfield Services, took two windows out of a coach, covering the school kids in glass, whilst reversing out of a coach bay. With threat of legal action, service area operators are starting to enforce coach only bays a bit more rigorously. Newport Pagnell Southbound is an example. I have heard that Toddington have issued parking tickets to trucks parked in coach park but I’m not sure how correct that is?

The ‘parking tickets’ are useless anyway :wink:

On the subject of coach parks.

Sandbach have made a right mess of the parking area since they put the electronic ramp in.

You can press the buzzer at night and they will let you stop in there, its to stop heavy’s parking in the coach area.