Knutsford services parking

Hi all.

Tonight, I’ve got to drive to Knutsford services to drop 2 of our crew off at the travelodge, then live there all day tomorrow on our “day off” (everyone thinks touring life is glamorous!)

After a bit of research online, mainly to find out what’s available at Knutsford, I’ve seen that they frown upon lorry parking, but there are still a handful of spaces.

Assuming I play the “sorry but I’m out of hours” card, can you still legally park there? It’ll get paid for by the company I work for, but I don’t want some ball ache ticket through the post, and would rather stay here than Lymm so I’m with the crew guys, and Lymm doesn’t really have a great reputation for being very secure.

Ta

H

Might be an idea to ring them before you set off, save you getting caught out.

Assuming you can park at Knutsford (I thought there was no parking for trucks anymore?), the onsite motels have a carpark screen at reception where you put in your reg and it asks how long you’re staying.

You won’t get a ticket as it does some wizardry in a far eastern computer room :wink:

It is also a sneaky way to avoid charges if you can sweet talk (distract) the desk jockey :slight_smile:

Yep, parking at Knutsford is okay, and as said, don’t pay if your firm has booked a hotel room

there is HGV parking an Knutsford… roughly 15 to 20 spaces each side , N/B and S/B

Honked:
Assuming you can park at Knutsford (I thought there was no parking for trucks anymore?), the onsite motels have a carpark screen at reception where you put in your reg and it asks how long you’re staying.

You won’t get a ticket as it does some wizardry in a far eastern computer room :wink:

It is also a sneaky way to avoid charges if you can sweet talk (distract) the desk jockey :slight_smile:

Thanks for that, never thought about it. Will get the sound guys to tap my reg in if I get a space! :laughing:

They’ve reduced n/b to about 5-6 spaces now but I’ve seen em parked up in the coach bit. The new design is crap good luck getting a space.

OllieNotts:
They’ve reduced n/b to about 5-6 spaces now but I’ve seen em parked up in the coach bit. The new design is crap good luck getting a space.

I thought it was 9 spaces but you could be right.

Thanks for the replys people. Managed to take one of the 3 available spaces on the southbound side.

Living here all day tomorrow so if anyone’s passing and my curtains are open come and say hello! I’m in the rigid Daf with a yellow cab and a white box on the back!

Hammy747:
Thanks for the replys people. Managed to take one of the 3 available spaces on the southbound side.

Living here all day tomorrow so if anyone’s passing and my curtains are open come and say hello! I’m in the rigid Daf with a yellow cab and a white box on the back!

go and count the spaces and let us know, ( both sides ) it should pass an hour of your time, ta.

I think the truck bans and smaller truck parking areas on knutsford services north and South is MOTO’s way of trying to get them to use Lymm services and leave them space for people who will actually spend money in there.

weeto:
I think the truck bans and smaller truck parking areas on knutsford services north and South is MOTO’s way of trying to get them to use Lymm services and leave them space for people who will actually spend money in there.

It’d help if Moto actually sorted out the Lymm truck stop.

That place is just a baron wasteland now completely open to diesel and load theft with some of the worst facilities I’ve come across.

While they leave an option at Knutsford, truckers are going to use it. From whT I understand Lymm didn’t used to be too bad of a place to stop. Good grub and very secure. Then I guess Moto got hold of it and just refuse to spend any money on it while expecting up to 600 truckers to pay a ridiculous rate to park there.

Lymm has been updated with a new restaurant,steak and roast chicken meals.

Hammy747:

weeto:

It’d help if Moto actually sorted out the Lymm truck stop.

That place is just a baron wasteland now completely open to diesel and load theft with some of the worst facilities I’ve come across.

While they leave an option at Knutsford, truckers are going to use it. From whT I understand Lymm didn’t used to be too bad of a place to stop. Good grub and very secure. Then I guess Moto got hold of it and just refuse to spend any money on it while expecting up to 600 truckers to pay a ridiculous rate to park there.

That’s not what they said on Trucknet a few weeks ago ?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125674
Interesting that whenever the barriers were working drivers (I’m assuming truck drivers) used to tailgate in, smash the barriers virtually every night on the entrance and exit, go out via the entrance towards incoming trucks to avoid paying at the security cabin i assume.

Knutsford is a very old legacy services which came to “an arrangement” with DfT to enable both sites to operate from what i can gather, I don’t suppose the limited parking at Knutsford for taking a break or someone with a genuine need to pull up is helped by vehicles hogging the spaces for a day or so rather than using a truckstop rather than a service area :neutral_face: