Knutsford Services

I noticed today (it may have been there for sometime though) that the sign on the motorway for Knutsford Services says no HGVs but on entering there was loads of HGVs parked up and I had to queue to get fuel.

So whats the crack?? :confused: :confused:

redbob:
I noticed today (it may have been there for sometime though) that the sign on the motorway for Knutsford Services says no HGVs but on entering there was loads of HGVs parked up and I had to queue to get fuel.

They want you to go in there and buy fuel but donā€™t want you parking in there :unamused: :unamused: .

Trev_H:

redbob:

They want you to go in there and buy fuel but donā€™t want you parking in there :unamused: :unamused: .

Oh right, us smelly truckers not good for their image then? But they are quite willing to accept Ā£500 form fuel?
:imp: :angry:

Why did you go in if it said no trucks allowed :confused: If they donā€™t want business from HGVā€™s donā€™t give it to them :unamused:

bubsy06:
Why did you go in if it said no trucks allowed :confused: If they donā€™t want business from HGVā€™s donā€™t give it to them :unamused:

I could see other trucks going in before me and when you running on fumes I didnt have much choice . . . plus I wanted my Costa Coffee vouchers :wink: :laughing: :blush:

redbob:

bubsy06:

I could see other trucks going in before me and when you running on fumes I didnt have much choice . . . plus I wanted my Costa Coffee vouchers :wink: :laughing: :blush:

Speaking as someone with a costa coffee habit, what are these vouchers of which you speak?

ROADRANGER:

redbob:

bubsy06:

Speaking as someone with a costa coffee habit, what are these vouchers of which you speak?

Here you go mate, Iā€™ve got a load! :laughing: :wink: :laughing: :sunglasses:

moto-way.com/trucker

redbob:

moto-way.com/trucker

Conning ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , i never get a voucher when I fill up, do you have to ask for them?

bubsy06:

redbob:

moto-way.com/trucker

Conning [zb], i never get a voucher when I fill up, do you have to ask for them?

No mate, they just give you them with the receipt, Iā€™ve got about Ā£30 worth at the moment, I had a lot more but been indulging in coffee, bacon rolls & cookies recently :sunglasses:

redbob:
No mate, they just give you them with the receipt, Iā€™ve got about Ā£30 worth at the moment, I had a lot more but been indulging in coffee, bacon rolls & cookies recently :sunglasses:

I never get them from severn view services and that is a BP moto services :confused:

bubsy06:

redbob:

I never get them from severn view services and that is a BP moto services :confused:

You should do, it may be that the cashiers are keeping them for themselves! :open_mouth:

A34 Oxford Services donā€™t want HGVs either; Probably spoils the coffee breaks of Tarquin Farquahr and his parents going to view St ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Collegeā€¦

Phew! glad itā€™s not just me thatā€™s noticed that sign. Luckily never needed to stop until way further up but always noted it. Maybe it was from days of yonder when trucks wernā€™t allowed?

I always go in to fill up there as its a bunker site (Cheaper fuel, just) and i can get me vouchers. Got to get something back eh?! :laughing:
Ive had vouchers from severn view. Just wait till after they give you the fuel reciept, then they will print off the free food one.

Beetie:
I always go in to fill up there as its a bunker site (Cheaper fuel, just) and i can get me vouchers. Got to get something back eh?! :laughing:
Ive had vouchers from severn view. Just wait till after they give you the fuel reciept, then they will print off the free food one.

The ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  behind the counter has been pocketing mine by the sounds of it :imp: Im gonna launch a can of coke at her head next time I go in :smiling_imp:

bubsy06:

Beetie:

The ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  behind the counter has been pocketing mine by the sounds of it :imp: Im gonna launch a can of coke at her head next time I go in :smiling_imp:

I sometimes wait till they ask why im still there, ā€˜Thats because you still have MY voucher love!ā€™ :laughing:
Saltash are the best as they keep all the car ones so when you go in regular and they know you they tend to hand over about a tenners worth in one go, plus the one that you just ā€˜earntā€™!

Back to the OP question

Knutsford is quite a small service area and only about 10 miles from Lymm. The idea is to ā€œencourageā€ truckers to use Lymm truckstop (also Moto)

There are about 8 or 10 HGV bays because they ā€œhaveā€ to provide them.

Semtex:
Back to the OP question

Knutsford is quite a small service area and only about 10 miles from Lymm. The idea is to ā€œencourageā€ truckers to use Lymm truckstop (also Moto)

There are about 8 or 10 HGV bays because they ā€œhaveā€ to provide them.

Yeah thatā€™s what I heard too

Knutsford services donā€™t want trucks, but if you park anything else in the truck bays other than a commercial vehicle the [zb] clampers will strike.
Mate of mine was waiting in his pickup so he could swap a wheel/tyre on one of his trucks as it passed through, he popped into the garage for a coffee, and came out to find his pickup truck clamped, despite the fact there was a HGV wheel, jack and wheel brace in the load bed :unamused: The [zb]s wouldnā€™t release it till he paid up, he was bouncing :grimacing: .

The no truck sign has been there for years