Knutsford Services

seems strange that Knutsford dont want trucks now . Twas but a few years ago (alright about 25ish years ago) that Knutsford had a dedicated transport cafe on the bridge. The services were big enough then and they havent got any smaller.
Cant have anything to do with extra profit from the M&S franchise can it?

Come to think of it wasnt it MOTO that declared that they were the truckers freind when they first took over from Granada (not sure if it was Granada someone please correct me if it wasnt :blush: ) andwere providing us with seperate dining areas with FREE coffee and TV lounges.
That didnt last long.

What happened to the transport cafes at Hilton Park, Lancaster, Watford Gap…all MOTO sites IIRC.

Dont use motorway ripoff services unless you are desperate…Support your local transport cafe…USE IT OR LOSE IT … as they say

sorry rant over going for a lie down now :smiley: …and…relax

It’s getting hard to find a transport cafe nowadays-unless you like Ahmed peeing in the hedge in-between serving lukewarm tea and stale butties!

Muckaway:
It’s getting hard to find a transport cafe nowadays-unless you like Ahmed peeing in the hedge in-between serving lukewarm tea and stale butties!

Very true Muckaway…probably because everyones in such a rush nowadays …jobs gone to the dogs…everythings got to be there yesterday …no time to stop :angry:

I went into Knutsford just out of curiosity having seen other trucks going in it despite the sign… now I know you can actually park I tend to go in their quite often now… M&S do quality butties. Middle finger to authority and all that…

Thing can always narks me about service stations though… the cost of a brew. A cup of cha shouldn’t be anymore than 50/70p… the jokers at Costa etc. want £2 for a 2p teabag and water in a paper cup. :imp:

Semtex:
Back to the OP question

Knutsford is quite a small service area and only about 10 miles from Lymm. The idea is to “encourage” truckers to use Lymm truckstop (also Moto)

There are about 8 or 10 HGV bays because they “have” to provide them.

May be Moto but you try and use your ~Moto parking permit and you’ll be told to bugger off lol