Kettle/invertor help

judging by the weather,i think i best take a kettle with me next week in case i get stuck,but was wondering if anyone can tell me if i could power a normal household kettle of this invertor i already have…
make-belkin single socket 12v invertor
model-f5c400u140w
input voltage-11 to 15 volts
output voltage-230 volts ac
power 300 watts peak
140 watts continous
idle current less than 0.3 amps.
it says on the box that it will run,tv,video,laptop,and other ac equipment,but doesnt mention kettle.
if not suggestions for decent 24 volt only kettles that wont burn out after the first cuppa please.

i very much doubt it.dont household kettles use around 1000watts? im sure they do.the same as household microwaves.you`re gonna need a much bigger inverter mate :wink:

no mate most house hold kettles run 2000wats

your best bet would be a camping kettle the run from the cig socket

From what I know a kettle will cook any inverter or dropper due to the massive current draw. It would have to be a very very big inverter to cope with a 240v Household kettle (3000 Watts…!!!)

24v Kettles that don’t burn out? Don’t think they exist. Well I’ve never found one or heard of one…

Gas Stove and kettle is the only dependable job really.

Breaker One-Nine:
From what I know a kettle will cook any inverter or dropper due to the massive current draw. It would have to be a very very big inverter to cope with a 240v Household kettle.

24v Kettles that don’t burn out? Don’t think they exist. Well I’ve never found one or heard of one…

Best 24v Kettle currently on the market is the Big Red Kettle dunno if they are still made as it was Pete Holland in Bedfordshire that made them, I think his wife carried on after Pete Died.

The biggest problem with them was the thermal fuse (I’ve got a boat load here if anyone needs some just send a SAE) I decided to remove the Thermal fuse altogether and never had any problems with mine after that but you have to make sure you dont leave it plugged in to boil dry

Average price for them was around £25 but they boiled 1 ltr in around 15 minutes

here a 24v kettle

roadking.co.uk/products.asp?partno=95-308920

Davey Driver:

Breaker One-Nine:
From what I know a kettle will cook any inverter or dropper due to the massive current draw. It would have to be a very very big inverter to cope with a 240v Household kettle.

Best 24v Kettle currently on the market is the Big Red Kettle dunno if they are still made as it was Pete Holland in Bedfordshire that made them, I think his wife carried on after Pete Died.

The biggest problem with them was the thermal fuse (I’ve got a boat load here if anyone needs some just send a SAE) I decided to remove the Thermal fuse altogether and never had any problems with mine after that but you have to make sure you dont leave it plugged in to boil dry

Average price for them was around £25 but they boiled 1 ltr in around 15 minutes

Would this be the one?

roadpro.co.uk/retail/product … 24V&id=921

DonutUK:
Would this be the one?

Yes Thats the one :wink:

This is the one I’ve got, came with 12 months warrenty.

store.truckstuff.co.uk/_B18109E … l&pid=6902

I’ve had it over 3 months now with no problems at all

Full it boils in about 15 to 20 mins

Semtex:
This is the one I’ve got, came with 12 months warrenty.

store.truckstuff.co.uk/_B18109E … l&pid=6902

I’ve had it over 3 months now with no problems at all

Full it boils in about 15 to 20 mins

is now for sale 20quid :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

thanks for the replies guys,looks like im gonna buy a new kettle on monday.can anyone suggest anywhere to get one??.
on monday i will be leaving teesport,to immingham then down to bury st edmunds.anywhere on this route,or do maplins or currys etc do them?

Get a gas stove mate.

15-20 mins to boil? far too long!

One of those little gas stoves as mentioned,15quid from camping shop,small camping kettle a fiver,boils in minutes,
simples

Simon :sunglasses:

think i will go up the camping shop for a stove and kettle on saturday,seems just as cheap,and knowing my luck,an electric kettle will pack up when im stuck in a snowdrift for days.
thanks guys for your replies,happy new year.

buck rogers:
thanks for the replies guys,looks like im gonna buy a new kettle on monday.can anyone suggest anywhere to get one??.
on monday i will be leaving teesport,to immingham then down to bury st edmunds.anywhere on this route,or do maplins or currys etc do them?

Exelby Services on A19 have kettles & stuff or try Ropers Caravans in Washington, Washington Caravans in Birtley (opp Coach & horses) or Catterick Caravans at you know where! (Catterick for the Southerners & Jocks on here) :smiley: :sunglasses:

Davey Driver:

DonutUK:
Would this be the one?

Yes Thats the one :wink:

Trouble with big power kettles is, there is hardly any trucks that will power them with the standard socket. The newer most trucks are the lower the socket rating. You’d think it would be the other way round. :unamused:

Koop:
Get a gas stove mate.

I use one of those camping stoves that come in a plastic carrying case , much quicker and I get the gas refills of ebay 16 for about a tenner

Welshman:

Koop:
Get a gas stove mate.

I use one of those camping stoves that come in a plastic carrying case , much quicker and I get the gas refills of ebay 16 for about a tenner

Yep, thats the kiddy…had mine for about 4 yrs, dont fill the stingin nettle up too much and it does a cuppa’s worth in about…2-3 mins.

More time for flat out!! :grimacing:

Koop:

Welshman:

Koop:
Get a gas stove mate.

Yep, thats the kiddy…had mine for about 4 yrs, dont fill the stingin nettle up too much and it does a cuppa’s worth in about…2-3 mins.

More time for flat out!! :grimacing:

Yes these are very good but we have been banned from using them in the cab since someone had a very bad burn from using one,i did have one and they do leak gas if the gas container doesn,t make a really good fit shame really it did used to boil really quickly.