KEEPING LEGAL

Last week had an 08.00 drop where I,d arrived the night before[22.30] to find gates locked & nobody about.By this stage of the week {4th night out ] I had to do 11hr break which meant 09.30 start.I’d parked about 400m away and was advised by experienced driver to put truck in yard anyway for 08.00
Wasn,t sure being new to this game wanted to keep clean-
any advice gratefully received :question: :question:

Hi removalist you can take a reduced rest
of 9 hours 3 times a week as long as the
reduction is compensated by an equivalent
rest before the end of the following week.

Hi Removalist;
as Convoy said you can reduce rest to 9 hours 3 times per week, provided that you have an equivalent amount of compensated rest by the end of the following week.
From your comments I take it that the ‘experienced’ driver was telling you to drive into the yard earlier than you should have. Assuming you did no more than drive into the yard with a fourth reduced rest, then you are committing an offence which in Magistrates could cost you upto £ 2500. If you ‘tipped off the card’ then you are committing an offence that could go to Crown Court and cost you upto £ 5000 and 2 years inside. Neither are very attractive options in my book!!
It is not for me to say what you should do. But if you break the rules once, you will be expected to break them many more times (as I know to my cost)

geebee45:
From your comments I take it that the ‘experienced’ driver was telling you to drive into the yard earlier than you should have. Assuming you did no more than drive into the yard with a fourth reduced rest, then you are committing an offence which in Magistrates could cost you upto £ 2500. If you ‘tipped off the card’ then you are committing an offence that could go to Crown Court and cost you upto £ 5000 and 2 years inside. Neither are very attractive options in my book!!
It is not for me to say what you should do. But if you break the rules once, you will be expected to break them many more times (as I know to my cost)

Plus the fact you’re employer will have you doing another full day from the time you put the card in… so you’re not only further reducing your rest you’re not likely to get paid for it :unamused:

Thanks for replies everyone,in the event I didn,t move 'till 09.30 - it did seem a bit weird being so close to yard & unable to tip though but even if I,d been in the yard I would still have had to do 11hr break as i,d used 3 9hr breaks already that week