Pulling card out

The company i worked for (wont mention who) i know of at least 3 drivers who pull there card out an hour or 2 before parking up, one of them is very open about telling you what he is up to,

Another parked up behind me in a layby 2 hours after me yet he was back to the yard before me, dosent take much to work out what he was done, Now i never have nor will i ever risk my licence doing this myself,

but ive gotta ask surely if there driving without a card in it must show up on a print out wont it? The same driver who i said was very open about it told me a usual place me parks up he needs 4hr 50min drive time to get back to the yard so rather than taking his 45 at 4hr 30 he pulls his card out and finishes his journey,

Now im newish to driving hgvs and as i said i value my licence way to much to do this but surely they must be a trace to those who are pulling card and driving?

I can’t believe the company have not found out about this with missing mileage etc, or maybe they’re pulling your leg perhaps.

Maybe they own a magnet as well. I wouldn’t concern yourself with it and just keep your eye out for a job somewhere else.

Worked at this company for 4 months toke me straight from the test centre needing the experience and all i just threw the towel in yesterday due to the poor working conditions.

OK, I’m guessing now you left you are thinking of making a phone call to the DVSA?

If they download the tacho head they will figure it out.

mrginge:
OK, I’m guessing now you left you are thinking of making a phone call to the DVSA?

If they download the tacho head they will figure it out.

No im keeping well out of it, im just curious of how they are getting away with it as it seems its being going on a while.

All the time there are brain dead drivers like that about conditions etc will not change. The best thing the OP did was to get out before anyone comes after him during the course of an investigation and an accidental infringement that a new starter could easily make, becomes treated as the crime of the century in a rope all of them in prosecution.

Where there’s a will there’s a way. I prefer to work for companies that pay good money for reasonable hours. I’m not running bent to pay for the bosses new Porsche. It used to be the norm, and a little bit of a badge of honour, but times change, and it’s definitely a mugs game nowadays

cav551:
All the time there are brain dead drivers like that about conditions etc will not change. The best thing the OP did was to get out before anyone comes after him during the course of an investigation and an accidental infringement that a new starter could easily make, becomes treated as the crime of the century in a rope all of them in prosecution.

Which reminds me, I wonder how dozy’s getting on? :grimacing:

I can never understand…

Why drivers do this.

Extra work for your usual wage.

Only a moron works for nothing.

yourhavingalarf:
I can never understand…

Why drivers do this.

In those circumstances it’s very stupid. I’ve only ever done it for personal or financial gains, but have since grown up. It was most prevalent in companies paying just enough to get by, as the financial incentive was there to do a bit extra

yourhavingalarf:
I can never understand…

Why drivers do this.

Is it not the same as drivers who whip out the card whilst washing the truck? So drivers who spend money on a truck they don’t own are working for nothing if they can’t take it when they leave in your instance?

Are we not assuming here everyone is paid off the Tacho card readings?
I’m not…

Evil8Beezle:

He’s probably on another journey of epic proportions :laughing:

peirre:

Evil8Beezle:

He’s probably on another journey of epic proportions :laughing:

Dozy probably doesn’t put the card in he is very busy you know lol.

As for the OP best out the way of that job tbh,if the company or drivers get done and its in the papers when you say who you worked for they might think everyone was pulling cards.

Evil8Beezle:
Are we not assuming here everyone is paid off the Tacho card readings?
I’m not…

Exactly. I’m paid for a day’s work. Whatever that consists of time wise. Be that 8 hours or 15, card in or card out

They’d be fired at my place instantly for that. They don’t ■■■■ about.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
They’d be fired at my place instantly for that. They don’t [zb] about.

A lot of companies would do the same.

bald bloke:

JaxDemon:

Mine would quite happily tell, sorry I mean ‘let’ :wink: me not put my card in whilst I’m maybe waiting at the start of my shift, as that would give me longer before I run out of hours. But I’m buggered if I’ll do that, as other than falsifying my records, if I do run out of hours, I’ll be potentially working for free. I may not be paid on the card, but I suspect the online time sheet system may not like me booking more than 15 hours. :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

bald bloke:

JaxDemon:

Mine would quite happily tell, sorry I mean ‘let’ :wink: me not put my card in whilst I’m maybe waiting at the start of my shift, as that would give me longer before I run out of hours. But I’m buggered if I’ll do that, as other than falsifying my records, if I do run out of hours, I’ll be potentially working for free. I may not be paid on the card, but I suspect the online time sheet system may not like me booking more than 15 hours. [emoji38]

A lot of companies would love to see the back of Tachos and just keep working time directive so you’ll be driving for 15h.