Just wondering...

Owing to the amount of really stupid questions or sad attempts at trolling, should we have a separate place to put them. I won’t name anything in particular, but there are those that give you a laugh… thanks Dozy, and then some real idiots.

Don’t you think some threads that start with a “silly” opening post turn into serious threads about important topics and some that start as serious subjects occasionally end up as slanging matches?
You can’t tell what’ll happen from the start.
Threads that go too far away from trucks altogether end up in Bully’s but they’re given a fair airing on the main forum first aren’t they, to see which way they grow up?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

The simple fact is if people don’t feed the trolls then they’ll eventually go away because they’re not getting the attention or bites they are after. I don’t think giving them their own section will help… they’ll just go wherever they get the most bites

As for silly questions… something that might seem silly to you because you know the answer through experience may not be silly to someone who is doing something for the first time.

I find myself checking the joining date and topic before deciding whether it warrants a reply.

For instance there has been a surge of new wannabe operators looking for an operating centre, that’s one of the most basic requirements before you even look at a lorry.

I was thinking if they had their own forum, they could troll each other to death. :slight_smile:

Toonsy, totally agree and I have been guilty of rolling the eyes when first reading a thread, but then I manage to get down off the high horse (usually) and keep me gob shut. I have seen, as mentioned by Franglais, some threads that start silly and end up being quite serious.

Maybe I should have kept me gob shut this time eh. :slight_smile:

I do as Wheelnut does and self police suspected johnny come lately trolls by placing them on my foe list.

Fair enough. I’ve got one bike riding berk on my list. :slight_smile:

Have you not been reading the ‘Feedback Forum’ Peter?
It all kicked off on there about all this stuff on various threads, a few weeks back. :bulb: