Childish bickering or adult debate?

i like this site and all it has to offer, its a valuable source of information shared by some very knowledgable people. at present there are topics regarding fuel/driving at 50mph/a member who posted a link and then left, and a few others that have quickly descended into bilge. i was talking to a mate yesterday and asked him if he`d looked at the site lately, “yes i looked but there all bickering” is what he said. you only have to look at the newbie section to see the value some fresh drivers get from here. i dont want to go around hugging you all and it would be stupid to think everyone had the same views on subjects… but cant we try and get on? (this is the bit where people quote my past posts and it starts)

Aint seen no bickering kidder, just people having different views and voicing them, I thought thats why people started threads so they can get other drivers view on the topic, :unamused:
I think when people have strong views and air them helps others see why they hold such views on a subject, if you sit in waiting room of RDCs up and down country you hear and see many different sides of a story.
I think thats what makes Trucknetuk stand head and shoulders above others :wink:
Sorry to disagree :wink:
love you all really, even the Norwich City fans :laughing: group hug people( only slim blondes please) :wink:

I’ll go with you reeferboy,it’s just like life on here,you meet all sorts and all sorts of opinions.Sometimes I drop in and drop back out again just as quick but other times it’s well worth staying,you just have to pick and choose.My favourite post recently was Coffees Austria trip but I enjoy/get wound up by some of the debate all part of lifes’ rich tapestry (thought I’d throw some of the flowery stuff inas well!) :wink:

I have seen many forms of bickering on here personal insults i have even been sent abusive e-mails by some fool when i said he shouldnt be on the road if he doesnt know you cant drive over 4.5 hours withyout a rest ( somthing you shouldknow before you even have the keys to a truck).

So yes Jonboy it does go on and some of it is pathetic.

It is a great sight for people to have differetn views its just some people dont seem to understand the icons meaning it was meant as a joke or some people cant take a bit of constructive criticism, and yes its time it was stopped.

I LOVE YOU ALL…:wink::wink:

Variety IS the spice of life…or so the saying goes. Differences of opinion are inevitable, and its only human to get a bit annoyed sometimes. Just wish we could all keep our manners in check… I’m probably as guilty as the next person when I get wound up… sorry. Even still… love this site! :smiley: :smiley:

Jammymut,I dont love you and if you touch my leg again I`ll thump you in the eye,now be a good mut and get back in your office,like you really. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I must admit that this is a great site…especially for truckers…and we are all united in that aspect…i have not seen too much bickering and it infuriates me when i see someone asking for advice and they are not given a straight answer…we all need help at sometime…and we all started at the bottom…a bit like the frustration some people show to a learner driver…or even a caravan being towed…thats where the skills of us professionals come in…tact and patience.cost nothing…but frustration can kill…we are all paid by the hour so if the job takes a little less longer…so what…take your time and arrive safe…thats my motto…and the job still gets done…even if its tomorrow…
Heed this…i was parked in the shell station in Zeebrugge…i was on route to turkey…a fellow trucker came up to me and said it was his first trip and could he run with me to show him the ropes…i did offer but told him i run till late at night but lie in in the mornings…and always wash/shower and have brekky before i set off…but some mornings he was impatient…which annoyed me…and i had to tell him not to keep knocking on my door…however he heeded my warnings and settled in for most of the journey…but once we entered Romania he decide he knew best…and headed off on his own…like a bat outta hell…a country you cannot drive with excessive speed…however…2 hours into the country i was getting reports from other drivers going home about a crazy driver whos truck was lying on its side..and sure enough this green mettalic kenworth was well and truly sleeping on its side..the load spewed over the countryside..and of course the locals helping themselves..thankfully the irish driver was not injured..i stayed with him until the recovery truck arrived to take the wreck into storage or whatever..as an owner driver i hoped he had learned his lesson....dont go it alone..when experienced drivers tell you otherwise...a very expensive lesson..and one i learned from my teacher` when i did my first trip outside of the e.u.
have a nice day

Basicly if you dont like what you read on a thread dont read it thats what i reckon but i also think there have been some [zb] threads lately which could very well put newcomers off the place like diesel gypsy for instance.

just my opinion
simon :smiley:

SimonRS2K:
Basicly if you dont like what you read on a thread dont read
just my opinion

How would you know you dont like it of you dont read it??

just my opinion:):):):slight_smile:

jammymutt:

SimonRS2K:
Basicly if you dont like what you read on a thread dont read
just my opinion

Because you read it once and if you dont like what you read dont read it again, not that dificult to understand really was it :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

simon

jammymutt:

:grimacing:

ESP?

Its been said before, thats just life really aint it? I mean, in real life people dont always get on, and sometimes personalities just dont mix for whatever the reason, compared with “real life” this place aint that bad for arguments as far as I can see. It dont matter really as all things find their own level in the end right?

All I can think of thats left apart from that is censorship, does anybody want that? I know I dont, and if it ever came to censorship of peoples opinions Id be pulling the pin and adios amigo’s. :sunglasses:

im with you mal.
very boring place if we couldnt have a barney or 2 :sunglasses:
chris

Indeed it would be Chris! :slight_smile:

There has to be disagreement otherwise it would be boring, I’ve been a member of forums where everybody agrees with each other and it’s all lovey dovey and it is boring in the extreme.

I agree it shouldn’t descend into childishness but sometimes it is the fault of this medium. With the spoken word you can hear the tone of the voice and in a face to face situation you can also see the expression on the speakers face. This makes it easier to see what way the mean the things they are saying. Are they being aggresive, sarcastic, questioning or serious for example.

With forums, such as these, and chat rooms you don’t get that feed back so it is very easy to get the wrong end of the stick, even with the use if the emoticons it has happened on here before and will no doubt happen again.

Coffeeholic:
With the spoken word you can hear the tone of the voice and in a face to face situation you can also see the expression on the speakers face. This makes it easier to see what way the mean the things they are saying. Are they being aggresive, sarcastic, questioning or serious for example.

With forums, such as these, and chat rooms you don’t get that feed back so it is very easy to get the wrong end of the stick, even with the use if the emoticons it has happened on here before and will no doubt happen again.

Very Valid Point!

so does that mean the toys are now back in the pram, and dummy back in mouth :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
chris

Coffeeholic:
There has to be disagreement otherwise it would be boring, I’ve been a member of forums where everybody agrees with each other and it’s all lovey dovey and it is boring in the extreme.

I agree it shouldn’t descend into childishness but sometimes it is the fault of this medium. With the spoken word you can hear the tone of the voice and in a face to face situation you can also see the expression on the speakers face. This makes it easier to see what way the mean the things they are saying. Are they being aggresive, sarcastic, questioning or serious for example.

Totally agree with that Coffee… The times I have got myself into trouble using Text messages for that same reason… Thats why some times, people take the writen word to seriously… as you say, facial expressions and tones of voice can make one thing sound totally different…

Caveman:
so does that mean the toys are now back in the pram, and dummy back in mouth :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
chris

think this a very friendly and informative site, i think the only time things are bad is when there’s a personal attack on ones charactor or ideals,we’r all different with different views and idea’s just the basic driving knowledge and skills are ‘‘the norm’’…nothin wrong wth a good heart felt debackle though :wink:

andy, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
chris