What is this place coming to

OK SO NO ONE LIKES A GOOD OLD ROW/DEBATE LIKE ME…
BUT HOW MANY POSTS/TOPICS LATELY HAVE DEGENERATED INTO A RIGHT OLD SLANGING MATCH… (OOPS CAPS LOCK)
almost every post/ topic just lately has in some form or another resulted in a personal attack or insults been traded.
is it the weather do you think.
is it a case of i,m better than you
or wot…
there has always been the holier than thou brigade, who just say what they think is the right thing to say… shame really cos it is so blatently obvious to every one else that this is what they are doing. but haway man, this site is and has always been the BEST there is bar none. and it may just be my opinion but i can see the boss,s get so sick of the bickering that they might even pull the plug. again just my thoughts.
its a good thing we all have different views therefore we have good debates, but like i say , just lately it hasnt been the place it once was, ive had pms to that extent from two other people thinking the same…
again just my thoughts on the way i see things, having had the time lately to keep popping on to t/net.
just wondering if anyone else thought/thinks the same■■? :wink: [/b]

is this the right room for an arguement ■■?

oddsodz:
is this the right room for an arguement ■■?

I’ve told you once

:wink:

Terry, wherever there is debate you will get some people resorting to personal abuse, name calling and threats, usually from those that are losing the argument. It happens in pubs, clubs, the workplace, discussions on TV and radio, in the Houses of Parliament etc. It’s just the nature of the beast. I presume by the holier than thou brigade you are referring to, among others, some of the posts on the many speeding and immigrant/foreigner threads? Maybe there are some who are doing this but there are surely others who for instance don’t speed and don’t subscribe to the popular tabloid view on immigrants and don’t have a problem with people from other countries coming to the UK. By branding then holier than thou are you not a little guilty of doing the very thing you are complaining about?

do you really think it’s that bad then terry? :confused: :confused: i have seen it get alot worse on other subjects mate, i thought the rant topic got very close to if not just tipped over the edge, but on the whole i thought it weren’t too mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you think i am wong with that point of view mate, give it to me from your perspective :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

is it the 5minute argument or the full half hour :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a 5min arguments no good neil46,so lets make it the 30min one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

right who’s next :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
Terry, wherever there is debate you will get some people resorting to personal abuse, name calling and threats, usually from those that are losing the argument. It happens in pubs, clubs, the workplace, discussions on TV and radio, in the Houses of Parliament etc. It’s just the nature of the beast. I presume by the holier than thou brigade you are referring to, among others, some of the posts on the many speeding and immigrant/foreigner threads? Maybe there are some who are doing this but there are surely others who for instance don’t speed and don’t subscribe to the popular tabloid view on immigrants and don’t have a problem with people from other countries coming to the UK. By branding then holier than thou are you not a little guilty of doing the very thing you are complaining about?

eh!

the post was a generalisation… Not IMPLYING ANYTHING
just an observation…
had i meant anything specific niel i would have mentioned it…
4get it

Terry you said at the end of your post

ohterry555:

and I was answering that I don’t think the same. I didn’t think you meant anything specific but I was intrigued by you calling people “holier than thou” in a post complaining about bickering and name calling that was all.

Sorry if you took offence, none was intended. :wink: :smiley:

margatemafia:
do you really think it’s that bad then terry? :confused: :confused: i have seen it get alot worse on other subjects mate, i thought the rant topic got very close to if not just tipped over the edge, but on the whole i thought it weren’t too mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you think i am wong with that point of view mate, give it to me from your perspective :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i do m8… its nearly every topic that ends up arguing etc etc… i dont mean anything particular by it… it was meant to be just an observation… inviting others opinions…hehehe :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Terry you said at the end of your post

ohterry555:

and I was answering that I don’t think the same. I didn’t think you meant anything specific but I was intrigued by you calling people “holier than thou” in a post complaining about bickering and name calling that was all.

Sorry if you took offence, none was intended. :wink: :smiley:

ME take offence niel… :blush: :blush: …no i dont take offence at all.

the holier than thou thing is them folk who are all to ready to just say the right thing niel. i,m sure you know what i mean…again it wasnt an attack on any individual, just my view …or more to the point them who say whats going to give them popularity… ok i,ll shut up… but i,m sure there are folk on here that know where i,m coming from :confused: :confused:

I know what your saying terry as i said on sunday im getting a bit peeved at coming on here just lately and every post is an arguement or personal attack im all for a discussion but it just turns nasty or bitchy

simon

ohterry wrote

… inviting others opinions…hehehe

you have certainly got that mate by the looks of it lol :grimacing: