Just passed

Yep just passed my class 2. Licence arrived but finding it very hard to get a start without experience (Liverpool area)

Congratulations on passing your C test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: good luck with your job hunt, hope you find something soon :smiley:

Gavtheskav:
Yep just passed my class 2. Licence arrived but finding it very hard to get a start without experience (Liverpool area)

congrats on the pass… :grimacing: dont give up hope i passed mine on the 1st april and rang every haulage company in my area, a few days later i got a call back and am now working full time so its possible,keep the faith… :wink:

Is that the Cat C test :question:

Welcome to the forums

Join the que with the rest of the new drives & experienced that are looking

Congrats on the pass I passed on the 1st of April (class2) and have only had a cpl of days work with agency my only advice would be register with as many agencies that will deal with newbies and take your cv and cover letter to haulage companies in your area I am in ellesmere port so know how difficult it is to get that start
Try manpower in Warrington they deal with newbies
By the way who did you train with and welcome to the forum

John

Got my c+e course next week too. Ive been a taxi driver for the past 14 years. Clean licence. Never had a bump but driving these things is completely different. Passed with a company called town & county. Excellent tuition.

Sorry to say but being a taxi driver count for nothing when it comes to Cat C or CE tbh sometimes they dont even take in the fact of 7.5t experience

Most agency want 6 mth proven driving these classes of experience

Just got back from visit to a driver agency. They said they can’t do much till I’ve taken driver cpc module 2 & 4. Even though I’ve had driving licence since 1995 and took lgv theory test and hazard perception and driving test. Is this correct?

Gavtheskav:
Just got back from visit to a driver agency. They said they can’t do much till I’ve taken driver cpc module 2 & 4. Even though I’ve had driving licence since 1995 and took lgv theory test and hazard perception and driving test. Is this correct?

Nope you dont need Mod 2 & 4 as you have grandfather rights but you will need 35 hrs before 2014 of drivers cpc ( did you not do 7 when you done your Cat C )

Thanks very much for the reply animal. Have just received an email from chris smith at the dsa.

“you for your email dated 4 May.
You will have grandfather rights until September 2014 to drive a category c vehicle (class 2)
Â
You will be required to undertake 35 hours of approved periodic training within this period and every subsequent 5 year period in order to retain your Driver CPC status. If you do not take the training necessary to maintain your Driver CPC, you will not be able to continue to work professionally once its validity has expired. There is no requirement for this periodic training to include a pass/fail assessment.”

Hope this helps someone else too.

That agency didnt agree with it though. :unamused:

Oh well. I’ve had mo replys on all the job applications & telephone calles I’ve made this week. I start my class 1 training on Monday with the test on Friday and I’m looking forward to that.

Good Luck with the Class 1 test and hope the job hunting goes well too.

Cheers!

Started my class 1 course yesterday(c + e) spent around 3 hours revering the trailer. I found it very difficult. I was a bit hit and miss. Any tips would be appreciated. :smiley:

It may be helpful to know if you are training with a 40 / 45 ft articulated trailer or whether you are training with a Wagon and Drag.

I think most people find reversing the bug bear to the whole C+E training.

I will be doing mine in the summer (funds permitting).

Good luck for the rest of the week :slight_smile:

Dean

Oh thanks. It’s wag + drag

Gavtheskav:
Started my class 1 course yesterday(c + e) spent around 3 hours revering the trailer. I found it very difficult. I was a bit hit and miss. Any tips would be appreciated. :smiley:

Be patient, it will come! You didn’t have any experience reversing articulated vehicles before yesterday so why do you think it would be easier? :wink:

Gavtheskav:

Yeah like 44 Ton said mate it will come. I never trained in a W+D so am not familiar with them. But i was exactly the same, i struggeled first few days on the reversing, couldn’t get the trailer where i wanted it ect was hit and miss too like you. But trust me you WILL get it, it will click into place and you will think thank ■■■■ :slight_smile:

Keep at it, ask trainer for more tips, go over it again, even watch youtube videos on W+D reversing trust me it helps mate. Goodluck with it all :slight_smile:

Congrats on the pass mate good luck with the C+E.

Well that went better. Spent around 2 hours doing the reversing. Then Was able to nail it 5 times on the run. :smiley:
your right about te practising though. It just clicks in the end doesn’t it.