Just passed

Took my test on Tuesday 9th and passed, thankfully, but I’m confused over the pass certificate. On it the boxes are filled in by the examiner and in the one headed “has been examined and has passed the test of competence to drive a vehicle of category” he has put a C in it, then in the one marked “whilst drawing a trailer” he has put a Y for yes. Does this mean I passed my class 1 or do I just have a drawbar licence.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi mate.

I was worried about the same thing when I passed. Yes you have a class 1 (C+E). I only passed 4 months ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Just landed a Euro driving job aswell.

Good luck

John

Congratulations.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I got a fright when I saw that too. It means “C” as in Large Vehicle and then “With a trailer?” “Yes” so C+E - I think!

Oh and congratulations!! :smiley:
Nearly forgot to add that. :blush:

:smiley:
Welcome to TruckNet and Congratulations on your Test Pass!

I recall this same question being asked a while ago on this forum.
Your new C+E licence covers you to drive either an artic or a lorry plus drawbar type trailer. :wink:

congratulations! u’ll not want to do anything else after you’ve been driving a truck for a while - like a day :smiley:

Hiya SMC… welcome to TruckNetUK mate…

Well Done!!!
Great news on passing your test bud… Well chuffed for ya… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Enjoy TruckNetUK mate, there is loads of help, advice and stuff to read, which will help you in your new career…

All the Best!!

So what does C+E restriction 102 mean then

cheers simon

Thanks for all your help guys

C+E 102 restriction means you can only drive a wagon+ drag as in a rigid towing a trailer.You can still drive a unit with a GVW of 44t as long as you have the required 3 axles on the unit and 3 axles on the trailer.You cannot legally drive an artic pulling a semi trailer.

Congrats on your pass bud.

Welcome to the ranks of the great unwashed :smiley: .

Big Truck:
C+E 102 restriction means you can only drive a wagon+ drag as in a rigid towing a trailer.You can still drive a unit with a GVW of 44t as long as you have the required 3 axles on the unit and 3 axles on the trailer.You cannot legally drive an artic pulling a semi trailer.

Thanks for the reply big truck
I find it quite amazing that i have the license to drive something that weighs 44T when ive never reversed a trailor in my life or driven anything so long :open_mouth:

I also think its quite dangerous and should’nt be like that.

simon :sunglasses: