Question for all the trainers

So I passed last week…all be it in a wagon and drag. I spoke to someone who is a TM, who believes its not possible to drive an artic if you passed in that (legally, not metaphorically) I told him its a CE category…he is refusing to believe it? Eh?

Surely he is wrong as why would trainers offer W&D for C&E training and assume tested and pass CE in a W&D

WonksterDude:
Surely he is wrong as why would trainers offer W&D for C&E training and assume tested and pass CE in a W&D

That’s what I’m saying. It says on my pass certificate category CE?

TM is thinking of the pre 1991 HGV classes

The current LGV classes are different
C = any rigid lorry including artic units as they have no trailer over 750 kgs
CE = any rigid lorry/unit with a trailer over 750 kgs

That is the current law

Some who passed HGV 2 or 3 also had W&D entitlement only and not artic - they will have code 102 next to CE

ROG:
TM is thinking of the pre 1991 HGV classes

The current LGV classes are different
C = any rigid lorry including artic units as they have no trailer over 750 kgs
CE = any rigid lorry/unit with a trailer over 750 kgs

That is the current law

Some who passed HGV 2 or 3 also had W&D entitlement only and not artic - they will have code 102 next to CE

Thank you Rog! Big help!!

Hi Micheal,I’m a big fan of your work.

This TM you speak of talks crap.

Unfortunately many TMs don’t know things have changed and regulations move on. They ‘passed’ their CPC years ago and have never refreshed their knowledge since.

Thanks all! Appreciate the feedback!

Transport managers have a hell of a job to keep up with the continual changes in the industry. Having said that, the rules changed nearly 20 years ago so I would have expected it to have filtered through by now!

You have a CE licence. End of.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Transport managers have a hell of a job to keep up with the continual changes in the industry. Having said that, the rules changed nearly 20 years ago so I would have expected it to have filtered through by now!

You have a CE licence. End of.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers pete!