Question for the instructors

If you pass c+e in wagon and drag is they any restrictions on your licence (as in you can’t drive a tractor unit and and a full length trailer)

Been brought up at work, I didn’t think they was any issue myself??

Cheers in advance

The issue is one of ridicule. As pointed out by Evilvandriverbeezle.

May I add I sat my test with a proper trailer :wink:

There is no legal restriction for those who have passed a test on w+d. BUT, up till the nineties, anyone passing class 3 or 2 (now all known as CAT C) automatically gained CE with a drawbar restriction. And those folks cannot drive artic.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
There is no legal restriction for those who have passed a test on w+d. BUT, up till the nineties, anyone passing class 3 or 2 (now all known as CAT C) automatically gained CE with a drawbar restriction. And those folks cannot drive artic.

Ahhh that’s spot on Peter, a lad I know said he refused to take a new lad out with him at work in a artic, due to him having a restriction on wagon and drag… I’m guessing that’s what he ment!

CE with (code 103 I think) means the driver cannot drive artics but can drive W&Ds so ask the driver if they have a 103 code

ROG:
CE with (code 103 I think) means the driver cannot drive artics but can drive W&Ds so ask the driver if they have a 103 code

I’ll ask, the company was just saying he’s got c+e what’s it matter…

ROG:

Rog, it’s code 102, Ihave it on my licence, the irony is I can drive in to a test centre in a wag an drag with no instructor, take the CE test in said wag, fail and legally drive the wag back out alone, madness :laughing:

… and you have to display L plates during the test!!

Peter Smythe:
… and you have to display L plates during the test!!

I never even thought of that :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
The issue is one of ridicule. As pointed out by Evilvandriverbeezle.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I knew I was missing a bellend! :smiley:
The other one popped up on the thread in question! :blush:

I’ll find out what the outcome was, cheers for the info