Just got my first class 1 job at reed boardall

as title suggests really, had my interview last tues and my assesment on saturday morning which passed with flying colours

start week today 24th may 8am for full day induction in classroom, then two days out with driver trainer and then be let loose alone on nights

now im still a newbie really only passed my test in c+e test in jan 2010, since then must of sent my cv off by email and in the post 100+ times and had very little response if any, so the other week was happy when out of blue got a phonecall offering me interview n assessment at RB

so to all the newbies out there dont give up hope keep persevering like i did and eventually you will find someone to take you on and give you that lucky break that you need to prove yourself

roll on week on monday cant wait, have been on a proper high all weekend

oh and Mr B watch out ill by keeping my eyes peeled for u when im in the yard :smiling_imp:

Well done - hope you like nights out :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Santa:
Well done - hope you like nights out :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well it be more like days out haha im starting off on nights to begin with n not days so :smiley:

… and then be let loose alone on nights

Same as I did 30yrs ago. I suggest you ask for some practice time reversing in the dark. A lot depends on the reversing lights on the trailer. Sometimes the hazards are better!
All the daytime reference marks disappear, lines on the floor for bays, how close you are to adjacent trailers, site lighting shining in your face etc.
Always remember, if you can’t see it Get Out And Look!

Oh, and if you hit something take a piccy and tell the boss, 'cos sure as hell someone else will!

JISL to ESL:
I suggest you ask for some practice time reversing in the dark. A lot depends on the reversing lights on the trailer. Sometimes the hazards are better!
All the daytime reference marks disappear, lines on the floor for bays, how close you are to adjacent trailers, site lighting shining in your face etc.

Oh how true is that!!! I remember my first reverse in the dark onto a bay that I knew really well. Everything you use as markers in the day just disappear!!

Nice one RB have taken on a few new guys. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you :sunglasses:

philmots:
Nice one RB have taken on a few new guys. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you :sunglasses:

im sure ill have my “GAZ” numberplate shoved in the window when im out on the road so gis a wave if u see me

JISL to ESL:
… and then be let loose alone on nights

Same as I did 30yrs ago. I suggest you ask for some practice time reversing in the dark. A lot depends on the reversing lights on the trailer. Sometimes the hazards are better!

Oh, and if you hit something take a piccy and tell the boss, 'cos sure as hell someone else will!

cheers for the comments, have had a couple of weeks of night trunkin covering class 1 drivers at my current employer when they been off so got a little practice of night driving n reversing but will just take my time n like said get out n look if unsure n im sure ill get the hang of it eventually

philmots:
I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you :sunglasses:

So will I as I see a lot @ Asda Bristol/Erith/Bedford etc doing the frozen…

scottishcruiser:

philmots:
I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you :sunglasses:

So will I as I see a lot @ Asda Bristol/Erith/Bedford etc doing the frozen…

nice one ,well mentioned might get fair bit of bristol way n daventry on nights so u might just see me :smiley:

well done, there`s nowt like the feeling of getting your first class one job.

GAZLEEDS:
as title suggests really, had my interview last tues and my assesment on saturday morning which passed with flying colours

start week today 24th may 8am for full day induction in classroom, then two days out with driver trainer and then be let loose alone on nights

now im still a newbie really only passed my test in c+e test in jan 2010, since then must of sent my cv off by email and in the post 100+ times and had very little response if any, so the other week was happy when out of blue got a phonecall offering me interview n assessment at RB

so to all the newbies out there dont give up hope keep persevering like i did and eventually you will find someone to take you on and give you that lucky break that you need to prove yourself

oh and Mr B watch out ill by keeping my eyes peeled for u when im in the yard :smiling_imp:

well done mate its not a bad place to work. i was going to say if you get stuck give me a ring but since you’re on nights best not eh!!

Mr B:

GAZLEEDS:

well done mate its not a bad place to work. i was going to say if you get stuck give me a ring but since you’re on nights best not eh!!

ill still ring ya :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

only joking fella, well like said ill find out more next week as to my start times etc n im sure ill be fine n hopefully wont be on nights too long

Congratulations. Look on the bright side, after nights on Reed Boardall your next job is bound to be a better one.

Congratulations! Gives me hope that there may still be a way-in for us newbies. All the best with the new job, enjoy yourself and take it easy :smiley:

I`ll keep a look out for you if you ever come to Asda Falkirk!" :wink:

thanks for the reply guys,

well way i see it is its a start for me, n gets me the experience i need

n also its gotta be better than what i doing now working for a courier company doing 7 n half tonne multi drop 0+ deliveries a day n 10+ collections so