Class 1 Assessment

Just been out today for Class 1 assessment drive :slight_smile: God what a difference to the rigids I been used to, I dont mean in size or difficulty necessarily, but just a fantastic ride :wink:

Like many of you (judging be the posts I have read), no real problem going forwards hehehe not TOO bad reversing if Im honest, but will take a little getting used to, didnt find it as confusing as I thought I would! I know 1 thing for sure, Ive done the right thing going back for this, and I cant wait for next lesson (next Sat at 4pm)

Also waiting on interview result from last week, local Plant Hire company, nice little friendly outfit, would really like the job, it will pay for the Class 1 anyway!!! :slight_smile:

Cheers for now, every1 have a good w/end

Steve

Sounds like you did OK. Good luck with that job as well :slight_smile:

mrpj:
Sounds like you did OK. Good luck with that job as well :slight_smile:

Totally Agree :smiley:

Good luck with the training mate. I managed the reversing on my class 1 easily enough but its totaly different when driving out in the real world. I’ve just done my first week driving artics & some of the places ive been were a right nightmare!! Lorries, vans parked all over the place & very little room to move. Its amazing how much harder it is when theres lots of people watching. I suppose it depends on the type of work you’ll be doing. Good luck anyway mate.

Thanks for the good wishes guys, appreciate it :slight_smile: I’ll let ya know if I land the job anyways, otherwise its keep trying!!! :wink:

Cheers

Steve

Like mosst of us, once you have gone onto the ‘big ones’ you will not want to go back.
In a funny sort of way they are easier asrent they?
Good luck with both the job and the training - keep us posted.

Thanks MotherTrucker, and yes I will keep you posted, 1st lesson proper is this saturday at 4pm, cant wait!!! :slight_smile:

Cheers 4 now

Steve

Its amazing how much harder it is when theres lots of people watching

Just ignore them, and do what you’re doing.

If they’re heckling you, just tell them to ■■■■ off, if that doesnt work ask which car is theirs and aim for it. :laughing:

Always has the desired effect!!
Never fails :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with the class 1!

I’m (hopefully) now on my way and have got medical monday 23rd! (Doctor is away until then :frowning: )

Karl

good luck with the class1 Dr keys

Cheers Darren, hope it goes well 4 u too, are u goin with truknet?

Karl best of luck with everything, must seem like its been a long haul to get going, but it will be worth it im sure! :slight_smile:

Cheers 4 now

Steve

Dr Keys:
Cheers Darren, hope it goes well 4 u too, are u goin with truknet?
Steve

Hiya Steve
Just off the phone at truknet Bolton…He seems a decent lad.
Mentioned you…he said he knows you :laughing: & he will be seen you on Sat.
I have my assesment at 09:00 on Sunday…no rest for the wicked :smiley:

Daz

K Darren, sound, all the best with it!!! Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Cheers 4 now

Steve