Just a thought

Hello all hope your all well Just wondered if we as drivers could get away with the same p@!! poor reasons for not working just like teachers. I ask because now for the forth day i have had to turn work down from the agencie because i have no one to look after the little one. Im getting so sick of it now even had the wee mans head teacher on the news yesterday in front of the news crew saying he was so happy parents had turned up to clear the school car park and paths of snow and the school could open today at last. Well im up first thing hoping to get a shift in at last but rings the school just to be sure and guess what THE STAFF CARNT GET SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER. Im sorry but i know its icey out there but so what we have no snow fall in manchester since tuesday the roads are open the busses are running so whys it still shut. Im pretty sure you ring your TM and say your not comming in and you wont get paid probs get the sack yet these muppets thinks it ok to just take the day off and if anyone say somthing they stand behind the old its for the childs welfare speech.
So at last i get to the point can you imagine the crap we would get if decided not to turn a wheel for a week or two No food in shops No fuel at the pumps and not much of anything anywhere. It seems fine for everyone else to shut down and panic at the sight of any white stuff yet us one of the lowest paid most regulated and most abused taken for granted industrys going are told just to get on with it. Anyway rant over got to sort wee mans lunch out. You all take care out there

Your right. The whole education system the same. As soon as snow flake hit the tarmac, they shut down. Pathetic! but as there are no consiquences why would they make an effort ? :unamused:

The worst here was the local school bus broke down on Monday, so the kids were towed to school on their sledges behind a tractor. All schools are open, my wife works at one 40 km away, she takes a shovel and some grit in the boot and gets on with it. If other people are getting to work in the UK there really should be no reason teachers cannot give it a go.

my sister is a school teacher and her school is closed, the head teacher told her that most head teachers wont open schools in this kind of weather because of the fear of the school being sued for a child hurting themselves if the slip on the snow

scotstrucker:
my sister is a school teacher and her school is closed, the head teacher told her that most head teachers wont open schools in this kind of weather because of the fear of the school being sued for a child hurting themselves if the slip on the snow

Thats not going to build a healthy generation of young people for the future who will be able to cope with any sort of life skills.

captin scarlet:
Hello all hope your all well Just wondered if we as drivers could get away with the same p@!! poor reasons for not working just like teachers. I ask because now for the forth day i have had to turn work down from the agencie because i have no one to look after the little one. Im getting so sick of it now even had the wee mans head teacher on the news yesterday in front of the news crew saying he was so happy parents had turned up to clear the school car park and paths of snow and the school could open today at last. Well im up first thing hoping to get a shift in at last but rings the school just to be sure and guess what THE STAFF CARNT GET SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER. Im sorry but i know its icey out there but so what we have no snow fall in manchester since tuesday the roads are open the busses are running so whys it still shut. Im pretty sure you ring your TM and say your not comming in and you wont get paid probs get the sack yet these muppets thinks it ok to just take the day off and if anyone say somthing they stand behind the old its for the childs welfare speech.
So at last i get to the point can you imagine the crap we would get if decided not to turn a wheel for a week or two No food in shops No fuel at the pumps and not much of anything anywhere. It seems fine for everyone else to shut down and panic at the sight of any white stuff yet us one of the lowest paid most regulated and most abused taken for granted industrys going are told just to get on with it. Anyway rant over got to sort wee mans lunch out. You all take care out there

You Sir have spoken the TRUTH WELL DONE, not got any friends you could maybe bung a tenner too?? Just a thought and hope you get sorted soon, Still this is my last night I have been double manned this week and have had some really great driver training but I get very up tight and cannot seem to fully relax when I am on further training :exclamation: Now where’s that “Truckless” fella now from 5 live when we really deserve the credit they are nowhere to be seen :unamused:

drew128:

scotstrucker:

Thats not going to build a healthy generation of young people for the future who will be able to cope with any sort of life skills.

i grew up in the countryside and school never shut for snow, if the bus couldnt get us there then either you walked or a local farmer took all the kids in a tractor and trailer to school, the head teacher at the school i was at walked 18 mile a day in the snow just so it would open

scotstrucker:

Yep, that is the policy of some local authorities, bear in mind the head teacher has to enforce it, so don’t shoot the messenger, blame the culture that’s been created by parents suing schools or LA’s for the slightest bruise their precious darling gets at school.

That’s why kids can’t have snowball fights in the playground and are kept in the school during lunch break and playtimes. Though I have to say anytime a school has been closed up here (except in the Borders) it’s been because the heating isn’t working because the same LA’s are not properly maintaining school buildings. :imp:

My Mrs is a Primary Teacher, if the schools within our area likely to be closed because of snow, she has to report to the nearest Primary School,rather than her own school, so there is teaching cover at it. So what does the Head teacher there do, send her home of course. :open_mouth: :confused:

drew128:

scotstrucker:

Nope! We are breeding a generation of whimps and wusses,unable to cope with any sort of challenge.