Junction 26 truckstop, i'm not happy

a while back on this forum, i complemented jct26 truckstop for its’ great breakfasts, and friendly service.
well i hadn’t been down that way for a while, but i got the chance to pop in last thursday. the large breakfast has shrunk by about 50%.
it was extra for the coffee, and extra for the toast.
after the previous chats we have had on here, i noticed a conciderable increase in custom, it appears that they have done what most others do. they get a good reputation, a loyal clientell, then cut back and screw it up.

has anyone else noticed the same?

i reckon this forum had a lot to do with increasing trade for them in quite a short space of time.
it could go downhill prety quick, as bad news travels a lot faster than good news.

where abouts it this truck stop on the m25? what juncton is it at? :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
a while back on this forum, i complemented jct26 truckstop for its’ great breakfasts, and friendly service.
well i hadn’t been down that way for a while, but i got the chance to pop in last thursday. the large breakfast has shrunk by about 50%.
it was extra for the coffee, and extra for the toast.
after the previous chats we have had on here, i noticed a conciderable increase in custom, it appears that they have done what most others do. they get a good reputation, a loyal clientell, then cut back and screw it up.

has anyone else noticed the same?

i reckon this forum had a lot to do with increasing trade for them in quite a short space of time.
it could go downhill prety quick, as bad news travels a lot faster than good news.

I think they do it on purpose Phil, quick LimeyPhil is here, take a sausage and a rasher of bacon off that plate. That way we might get some more free advertising on Trucknet :stuck_out_tongue:

Cruise Control:
where abouts it this truck stop on the m25? what juncton is it at? :laughing: :laughing:

CC,

How do you know its on the M25? Doesnt say that in the initial post :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think your right the breakfasts have shrunk, its still good scran though. The parking isnt going to get any better either as there was van loads of workmen in there last time I visited parked all over. Its still a handy spot though I’ll just pretend I’m dieting :slight_smile:

Fly sheet

Can say that in my time visiting this establishment that the quality of the food has declined. Portions were very good but now smaller and also finding the menu is not changing enough.
Though saying the above the food is good.

Also find that the toilets need to be cleaned a bit more often as they seem to be left all evening until closing time.

Still use the place despite the above comments…

fly sheet:
I think your right the breakfasts have shrunk, its still good scran though. The parking isnt going to get any better either as there was van loads of workmen in there last time I visited parked all over. Its still a handy spot though I’ll just pretend I’m dieting :slight_smile:

Fly sheet

one of the workmen was complaining that he couldn’t find his van.
then he realised that another van had parked on top of it.

it’s amazing how deep them potholes are. :laughing:

FFS this place is not a truckstop, it’s a cafe with a big enough parking area for a few lorries, from my own experiences of the place I don’t think of it as a particularly good cafe either, as has been said many times on here, they have a bit of a captive audience so they don’t have to work too hard to get people to stop there, but the thing is, if you aren’t happy with the food quality/portions, the crappy parking area or the state of the toilets, surely it would be a good idea to tell the people in there at the time you’re there, that’s what happens in other countries & they either raise their game or lose customers.

newmercman:
FFS this place is not a truckstop, it’s a cafe with a big enough parking area for a few lorries, from my own experiences of the place I don’t think of it as a particularly good cafe either, as has been said many times on here, they have a bit of a captive audience so they don’t have to work too hard to get people to stop there, but the thing is, if you aren’t happy with the food quality/portions, the crappy parking area or the state of the toilets, surely it would be a good idea to tell the people in there at the time you’re there, that’s what happens in other countries & they either raise their game or lose customers.

The problem with this is that traditionally it usually results in unwanted added extras to your food. :open_mouth:

Btw, :laughing: @ your sig.

Rob K:

newmercman:

The problem with this is that traditionally it usually results in unwanted added extras to your food. :open_mouth:

Btw, :laughing: @ your sig.

Thanks Rob :wink:

The complaining thing needs to be done properly to avoid the situation you describe, if you’re not happy with the food, take it back & get a refund, that way the point is made, you don’t have to eat ■■■■■ & you remove the opportunity for vengeful acts from the kitchen :open_mouth: