Shock *horror.. a truckstop

opens :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Recieved this from mothertrucker via e-mail…

Mothertrucker, via e-mail:
Hi Rikki
I thought you may be interested to know that a new Truckstop has opened at Junction
26 of the M25.
Run by Dave and Lisa Cordell this is well needed truckstop which offers good food at
fair prices with ample parking for artics and is very handy for drivers travelling
to and from the Dartford Tunnel.
This is a good old fashioned transport cafe and is the type that is sorely missed by
many truckers who need to take their main meal of the day while out on the road.
Overnight parking is available for £12.50 a night. This payment also entitles the
driver to a meal up to the value of £5 and there are hot showers which are a free
service.
I personally have used the cafe on many occasions since it opened last Monday and
will highly recommend it to all.
The Junction 26 Truckstop is already becoming a regular and popular stopping off
place for local drivers as well as long distance truckers and the proprietors tell
me that they hope to be open 24 hours by the new year. At present the Truckstoip is
open from 6 am to 9pm 7 days a week and I am sure it will soon be a very well used
and appreciated Transport Cafe.
I hope you will find this suitable to post on the site and I do give this place my
personal recommendation.

Well i will give it a go :smiley:

For those unsure, Junc 26 is the one after the A10. …the Waltham Abbey turn

That is on my agenda for next week bound to be better than ‘Truchhaven’ and Thurrock Service area and curtain fairy free, if it is decent I hope our gaffer opens an account., there is one good thing if it close enough to the M25 I don’t mind sitting there all day like I normally do I’ll walk across for a brew :wink: .

Where about’s is it? - on the road leading to the Sainsbury’s RDC?

I think they’ve got a trailer in a field with a sign on havent they?

the one after the A10

That depends which way you’re going doesnt it? :laughing:

Thurrock services being the one where your feet stick the the parking area! :neutral_face:

If it is flat enough for me to swap my boxes i will stop there all the time, it will be better than services, and i have a feeling it will end up being one of those where if you arent there foe 6 you will have no chance of parking

It makes a nice change from hearing about them shutting down! Good luck to them, and may many more open, god knows we need them!

TheBear:

yeah i’ve got a UK atlas thanks :wink: :laughing:

jj72:

TheBear:

yeah i’ve got a UK atlas thanks :wink: :laughing:

I haven’t, so I needed to be told. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I pass there once a week so if I have time I’ll call in for breakfast, it’s gotta be better than the food on the ferry.

So go on gizza clue, where do you go once you come off at gate 26 ? I know where Sains-bugs is, do you go that way ? Being from oop North i get lost South of Watford. :laughing:

must admit jnc 26 is abit vivid :cry:

could end up driving round north london for hours

jon

i past this on tuesday and saw the sign by the side of the motorway (clockwise from a10 to dartford), i have to admit i thought it was a joke as i couldn’t for the life of me think where at the junction it would be and that perhaps the gypsies were having a laugh but it was there, i saw it right by the side of the motorway as i passed, the parking looks a little limited, perhaps 25 trucks max but it will be worth calling in next time, easy access m25 any direction.

Johnny is it on the outside of the M25 or the Inside?.

it’s on the outside, as you go clockwise it’s on the left after the junction.