M25 j26 truckstop

i can only go with the comments posted on facebook and the website but maybe something for the trade media to look into?
transportcafe.co.uk/trucksto … facilities

Looking at it it seems like somebody is out to discredit them, someone who didn’t like it or a possible competitor?

2 comments in 3 months and then suddenly 3 comments all in 12 minutes about exactly the same thing and all been given a +1 or +2.

Oh it’s gone up to +4 now…

Yep reads like the usual rubbish a disgruntled customer / competitor would post on tinternet.
Would be interesting to get a comment / rebuke from them though.

taff / anon & darron are likely the same person +1’ing their own comments

Anyone visited this establishment recently ■■..

Sounds like ■■■■■■■■ to me…

i cant comment myself since i have never been there

scanny77:
i cant comment myself since i have never been there

Excellent input. :wink:

Been there a few times and wouldn’t believe they would refuse to cater for the Army! Unless the whole Army turned up at the same time of course! :slight_smile:

Dipper_Dave:
Yep reads like the usual rubbish a disgruntled customer / competitor would post on tinternet.
Would be interesting to get a comment / rebuke from them though.

taff / anon & darron are likely the same person +1’ing their own comments

Anyone visited this establishment recently ■■..

Went in there few weeks ago same as ever can’t fault it food was a1 as usual n showers clean don’t use truckstops much but if I have to I have no issues with jct 26

I have been there and found the staff to be friendly enough and that was when it was a portacabin, i visited when the brickbuilt one was finished, and was greatly improved, the meals always served well, and at reasonable prices, only problem i had was the ground being dusty and uneven, and needed to be tarmac ( maybe its been done ) and since ■■■■■■ own it, shouldnt cost too much.

Hi. I have spoken to the bosses at J26 today, and they’ve said much the same as you have. This is total rubbish, the comment that sparked it all off was posted by ‘anon’ and was probably posted by someone out to discredit them.

They do a lot of business with both MoD and ex forces personel and would never want to exclude anyone from parking there.

The owner wanted me to let you know he is very concerned about the false comments being posted and is looking at how to have them removed from his site page. As i’m sure you’ll agree, a negative review is fair enough when it’s deserved, but this time its just made up rubbish.

This is why i made it clear that i personally was not making any kind of allegation. I don’t know the place and never will visit it but something like that needed confirmation either way. My guess is that someone has walked in and did not find the proprietor to be the right colour/nationality/religion and used a popular emotional reason to attempt a discrediting campaign

dessy:
Been there a few times and wouldn’t believe they would refuse to cater for the Army! Unless the whole Army turned up at the same time of course! :slight_smile:

With all the cuts that won’t be many then :smiley:

I think this is rubbish!! It wouldn’t make business sense for a start. Most army vehicles, but not every one before I get shot down, usually have a driver plus 1 sometimes 2. 3 potential customers. Your average HGV, but not all, has a driver. 1 potential customer. So why would the staff turn away extra customers and revenue? A lot of army vehicles move in packets/convoy. If one of these turned up I’m sure the staff would welcome the extra custom, even if it made the kitchen a little busy.
Any way, I’m not a regular truck stop patron. I’m too stindgy to pay the prices and i’m trying to stay a 34" waist, but I’ve just stopped and had breakfast there. Clean, friendly, good food and polite staff. :smiley:

I think I’ve suggested on this board before - Comments take safely be taken with a pinch of salt if:-

(1) Hardly any posts before by that user
(2) User is “Anon”
(3) There is a suggestion that such a post is out of character for that user if well known, suggesting their account might have been hacked by a troll
(4) The user was ■■■■■■■ but has just had a bad kebab, and in an inebriated state, has become “Johnny hates everyone” kinda poster. :unamused:

The only complaint I’ve got about the place is I can never get in there, 'cos it’s choc-a-block all the time! I have to park on the laybys on the main road with the roadcrews - assuming a load of Sainsburys wagons have not already hogged all those places as well! :frowning: