Junction 26 truck stopYOU ARE A DISGRACE

went there last night on m25 8.30 PM !!! CAFE TURNED ME AWAY THEY WERE CLOSING ,ASKED IF I COULD BUY A MARS BAR AND SOME CRISPS FROM COUNTER WAS TOLD NO . NEVER AGAIN WILL I GIVE THEM A LOOK if a driver cant eat at 830 pm then whats the bloody point of a overnight stop. ALL HYPE NO SHOW :imp:

South Mimms? Did you go into the truckers bit near the pumps? I thought they were open later than 8.30pm, i’m sure i’ve stopped there after that time before

NO WALTHAM ABBEY junc 26

Ah yeah, South Mimms is 23 :laughing: :blush:

its not that bad apart from all the essex girls that work there!

Is that the one that was, I’m sure, trumpeted on here just recently by, I think the owner?

If so, then perhaps he would like to come on here like the top man at Exelby, and ask what we think.

Ken.

Must admit I have never seen the fascination with the place.
Whenever I have used it it has never been more than average.

Just found this and it does say at the bottom last food order 1 hour before closing:

transportcafe.co.uk/m25_lond … _cafe.html

Ken.

Quinny:
Just found this and it does say at the bottom last food order 1 hour before closing:

Ken.

It does say that but to sell a bag of crisps and a Mars bar wouldn’t hurt would it?

Although on the other hand, there isn’t many places you can get a meal after 8 pm, except a pub & an MSA.

But Truckstop Dave should come on and explain, after all it was many of the Trucknet drivers who signed his petition.

It does look like these new stops have a lot to learn
the old Gate,s cafe never said no, and also a very well
known place in its time called ““OMA Hilldergrad”” never
said no and always gave a early morning knock up
when it was running,

Wheel Nut:

Quinny:

Ken.

It does say that but to sell a bag of crisps and a Mars bar wouldn’t hurt would it?

Having experienced the length of time it takes to get served in there sometimes it could well take them over an hour to get that order together and total up the cost.

Wheel Nut:

Quinny:

Ken.

Although on the other hand, there isn’t many places you can get a meal after 8 pm, except a pub & an MSA.

But Truckstop Dave should come on and explain, after all it was many of the Trucknet drivers who signed his petition.

Couldn’t agree more, so if he’s reading this…

Ken.

I have only been in there once, waited 20 mins for My breakfast to be served. only 2 other people in there. Was not worth the wait, god knows how long You have to wait when they are busy.

I think you’re being a bit harsh there fella. Whenever I’ve been there they’ve been as miserable as anybody else!(Not often) Why pick on them■■?

:smiley:

BECAUSE i was treated like a piece of ■■■ and im not putting up with it ,i am emailing truckstop news about my experience in this zb hole

we should get a petition together to get it closed down :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

lol@Malc!!

I was one of those who wrote to the planning office in support of them when they were on here asking for help.

Some time later (whilst I was living in Germany) I had flown into Heathrow en route to a couple of meetings in Kent and then the Midlands. I called in there for a bite to eat and to see how the place was doing and TBH, didn’t have a good experience! 2 x grumpy female staff and a miserable snack didn’t really do it for me, especially seeing that I could have had some ‘top nosh’ elsewhere and claimed it all back on expenses.

Maybe because I wasn’t (on that day) driving a truck but was in a hire car and was wearing a suit, collar & tie, they didn’t feel the need to ‘encourage’ me to be a regular. Maybe it was just a one-off . . . . . . . . . maybe not.

Me and the wife stopped here monday last, we’d left a 45 hour break at Maxi - autohof in Germany (fantastic place 10 euro’s to park for weekend including 10 euro meal voucher ) at 21.00 sunday night tipped Basildon 10.20 monday morning. We arrived at junction 26 12.00 bang on our 15 hours, couldn’t pay to park as their card machine wouldn’t connect, crashed out for a few hours and got up at 18.30 in order to get some food before the 20.00 deadline.
Me - “I’ve come to pay my parking, is there any chance of Breakfast ?”
Them - " No. b/fast ends 15.00"
Me - “Could you not just do eggs bacon and beans ?”
them - " No. the bacons all in the freezer"
Me - " but we’ve just got up and could really do with a breakfast"
Them - " we’ve only got the choices on the board"

this was a choice of 8 different meals, the best they could do was Gammon eggs and beans without chips and a very small mug of tea.

The ‘Gammon’ when it arrived was nothing like gammon I’ve ever seen, it was thin tasteless produced from cuts of meat stuck together, we thought back to the wonderful meal we had before leaving Germany ( waitress service, pleasant surroundings, a real pleasure) looked at each other and said "is this it? would the last one to leave please turn the lights off !

And when we left the wife was spreadeagled across the dash to try and hold everything in place as we negotiated the wonderfully smooth parking area. And all this for just ÂŁ20.00 and a ÂŁ3.80 meal voucher.

And I even signed the petition to keep it open when it was just the portacabin ! ! ! !

marcustandy:

Wheel Nut:

lol@Malc!!

I was one of those who wrote to the planning office in support of them when they were on here asking for help.

Some time later (whilst I was living in Germany) I had flown into Heathrow en route to a couple of meetings in Kent and then the Midlands. I called in there for a bite to eat and to see how the place was doing and TBH, didn’t have a good experience! 2 x grumpy female staff and a miserable snack didn’t really do it for me, especially seeing that I could have had some ‘top nosh’ elsewhere and claimed it all back on expenses.

Maybe because I wasn’t (on that day) driving a truck but was in a hire car and was wearing a suit, collar & tie, they didn’t feel the need to ‘encourage’ me to be a regular. Maybe it was just a one-off . . . . . . . . . maybe not.

You’re not the only one Marcus. I stopped there early this month on my way back from London as I was absolutely starving. First problem was how to hell to get into the place as there’s a lake between the ‘accessible’ end of the parking area and the cafe. I never saw any requirements for a boat or waders in the ads for it. :unamused: And when you do finally get there you should consult your diary to make sure you’ve got nothing booked for the next 7 days or so as that’s how long it’ll take them to get your order out. :unamused: Even after all that you’ll be served with Tesco Value food which tastes foul. There was supposed to be a couple of bangers and bacon on my plate but I’ve seen more meat on a vegan buffet. :unamused: And don’t even get me started on the prices they charge. :unamused: The country doesn’t need [zb]holes like this, even if parking/food is a problem in the M25 area. The place should be shut down and I’d gladly sign a petition to make it happen.

Trucking Turner:
we thought back to the wonderful meal we had before leaving Germany ( waitress service, pleasant surroundings, a real pleasure)

I’ve never been in there because I can instinctively tell when somewhere is going to be ■■■… whenever I visit one of these dumps I am tempted to twist the owner’s arm up behind his back, throw him in my wagon and then drive him out to Germany to see an Autohof…