joined the NHS

could not bear the uncertainty any longer of not getting any money for the past month ive been working as a care asisitant and i have just been paid

£1100 after stopages
7 weeks a year paid holiday
3 days a week doing 12.5 hours totaling 37.5 per week,
and it s a permanent job

so now i can do some what little agency work i can get durring my time off

■■■■■■00:
so now i can do some what little agency work i can get durring my time off

This is a link to a common off duty driving assumption by some newbies in order to gain experience whilst still in another job.

Wasn’t sure if you were aware of the above or not…

cheers rog i looked at that link months ago with this job in mind
Am i correct in thinking that i can do an 7 hour drive once per week

from what you have said above i believe you can do 2 days every week (only 5 days worked) and every other week you can do an extra day (using the reduced weekly rest).

am i right or have i not read something right

was considering that too, as i only do three days work and have four days off.

my shifts look like this mon tue fri rest of the time im off

Giblsa:
from what you have said above i believe you can do 2 days every week (only 5 days worked) and every other week you can do an extra day (using the reduced weekly rest).

am i right or have i not read something right

WTD
I wonder how much of the regular job would count towards the average 48 hours if driving was done every week :question: :question:

so rog tell me this please would i be correct in doing a max of 2 agency shifts per week thus totaling 5 working days and still having 2 days off. Is not the WTD done over a refernce period of a rolling 11 weeks

■■■■■■00:
so rog tell me this please would i be correct in doing a max of 2 agency shifts per week thus totaling 5 working days and still having 2 days off. Is not the WTD done over a refernce period of a rolling 11 weeks

This is getting into an area of expertise which I only have partial knowledge of.

coffeeholic or tachograph or geebee45 are the best members to answer this :slight_smile:

i tell you what ■■■■■■ you do what you like :unamused: :unamused: just gain experiance as you want, stupid rules about other jobs i mean you only work 3 days a week just get on with what you want to do. ive never met anybody who inforces the wtd anyway.

Assuming that you’re not a care assistant for a transport company :stuck_out_tongue: the job doesn’t count towards the 48 hour average for the WTD for mobile workers, so basically as already said “do what you like”, well as far as the WTD is concerned anyway.

However assuming that you don’t want to risk having problems with VOSA, I would suggest sticking to the daily and weekly rest requirements for the drivers hours regulations in the weeks when you do any in-scope driving.

You should easily be able to do at least 2 shifts per week as a driver, depending on your what hours you work you may even be able to do 3 shifts per week or every other week if you wanted and could get the work.

Good luck with the new job :wink: