John Vasey

Hello, this is Suzie, John’s partner, thought you’d all be interested in this article.

sunderlandecho.com/news/Lorr … 4843388.jp

The hearing is at 2pm tomorrow (Tuesday 6th) i should know more news tomorrow night, hopefully i’ll be picking him up from the airport on Wednesday.

zebadee:
Hello, this is Suzie, John’s partner, thought you’d all be interested in this article.

sunderlandecho.com/news/Lorr … 4843388.jp

The hearing is at 2pm tomorrow (Tuesday 6th) i should know more news tomorrow night, hopefully i’ll be picking him up from the airport on Wednesday.

I think the French authorities are on drugs.
They know it is imposible for the driver to know what’s in the trailer.
They know they have been tricked by the oldest trick in the book.
You put 1 ton of pot in a trailer and phone the law, You then send 24 ton over the border while the fools are excited.

He’s the scape goat, It could have been any of us.

Good luck.

fingers crossed for you

Hi Suzie, Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting this, I’m also keeping my fingers crossed and rootin’ for John. :grimacing:

**GOOD LUCK JOHN**

This could so easily have been anyone of us who do, or have done, International work
Good luck John

thought we had heard the last of this sad story.
taken from todays evening chronicle

chroniclelive.co.uk/north-ea … -22608099/

good luck to you john.

heres hoping an end to this sorry saga is near…

chroniclelive.co.uk/north-ea … -22608099/

Hi John, hope all goes well with the court case and you can put it all behind you. Liz and Terry

Hi John and Suzie, hope it all goes well for you.
Fingers crossed.

Here’s hoping this torment is finally ended with a great big cheer - and a pint or 2 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

zebadee:
French court calls trucker back over drugs case - Chronicle Live

Anyone know what law the bloke is on about regarding the driver being totally resposible for what is in the trailer?
I find this very concerning.
You might as well bend over and pass the vaseline every time you enter france. or they enter you, whichever the case may be.

Good Luck to you and your Family Mate :exclamation:

limeyphil:
Anyone know what law the bloke is on about regarding the driver being totally resposible for what is in the trailer?.

It’s the French Law

As far as the french are concerned the Driver is Guilty if he’s caught with drugs on board, it makes no difference if it’s a sealed container or a fully sealed tautliner.

It’s time the goons woke up and realised that the driver cannot physically check every carton on a trailer and even more so when the pallets are steel banded crates of Ceramics which were sealed before the driver arrived to collect them.

Good Luck John, you’ll need it, but in all honesty dont hold your breath as the French Can’t admit to being wrong in the first place Can They?

Davey Driver:

limeyphil:
Anyone know what law the bloke is on about regarding the driver being totally resposible for what is in the trailer?.

It’s the French Law

As far as the french are concerned the Driver is Guilty if he’s caught with drugs on board, it makes no difference if it’s a sealed container or a fully sealed tautliner.

It’s time the goons woke up and realised that the driver cannot physically check every carton on a trailer and even more so when the pallets are steel banded crates of Ceramics which were sealed before the driver arrived to collect them.

Good Luck John, you’ll need it, but in all honesty dont hold your breath as the French Can’t admit to being wrong in the first place Can They?

its coz the french are lazy beggers and cant be arsd to prosicute the correct people involved, i.e. investigate! instead just the simple thing and thats just blame the driver!!

It goes with out saying John & Susy, I will be thinking of you. Like everyone in the family I thought things were over now. Hope David will cope ok should you get sent back down the line, it was awful for him last time. Also, Mam & Dad, they worked so hard for you last time, Good Luck John ■■

Good Luck John!

Best of luck to him. Everything seems to come down to the driver. In fact, the current conflict in Gaza is obviously a lorry drivers fault. :wink:

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages of support, i’ll be speaking to John later so i’ll pass them on. i’ll let you all know the outcome as soon as I can, there’ll be another article in the Chronicle tomorrow in more detail.

For those asking about the law, unfortunately common sense doesn’t come into it and the driver is effectively guilty by default and like one of you said, the french people don’t bother investigating into the bigger picture, they just keep locking up the poor truck drivers!

Thanks again

Suzie ■■■

Good luck to John from Glenn and all of the East Coast Truckers Charity, we are thinking of both of you and hope the outcome is good.

good luck john i hope it all goes well and i hope you are on your way home on Tuesdays finger crossed :slight_smile: :slight_smile: