Update on john vasey

We saw John 5 times :smiley: (all we were allowed :frowning: ) during the 8 days we were there.
He is still positive and looking well and has started his 2004 tan!!!
Him and his cell mate have made a set of weights out of water bottles so they are lifting every day now :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

John has asked me to thank everyone for their messages and support, he really does appreciate it.

We are now at the start of that, hopefully not too long tunnel,---------------------

His trial date has been set for 03 May 14.00hrs

We all have mixed feelings about it but at least we will know what we are looking at

How much do they want again, to pay him out :question:

Good Luck Ken, you never know it just might turn into a party celebration and if so, I’ll donate the first case of wine :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry though, it will have to be French :blush: :blush: :blush:

I am glad you got to see John 5 times and It’s good to hear that John is well and his spirits are up…lets all now look forward to a successful outcome at his trial.
I am sure we will all be thinking of him on the 3rd of May
GOOD LUCK :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Davey,

Iv’e just had 8 days of French wine (and 2/3 :question: :slight_smile: Scotch) so another case would be really great in such circumstances.

Good Luck for May 3rd …

good luck from me aswell… lets hope more than a case of wine is needed after the trial/hearing…

Here goes tin hat time,I pass perpignan nick 4/5 times a week and yeah I know that there are english drivers in side them walls,there but for the good grace of ?it could be any one of us,a trial date here means nowt,good luck.

nice one, i,m sure thats just what johns family wanted to hear right now… :smiling_imp:

Easy guys… :unamused:

stating a fact lucy

I echo everyone else I hope, in wishing John the best of luck in his forthcoming hearing.

All the best to all involved, I will be thinking of you. Good Luck.

i hope everything goes the way we all want it to,please send all our best wishes to john and his family from all the trucknet members both here in the uk and our good friends in america. we all want the right outcome freedom for all drivers held in french prison’s :wink:

Kitkat,out of interest why do you single french nicks,when there are brit drivers inside jails all over europe etc. :confused: :question: :question:

froggy, this is not ment to offend you in anyway.if it has then there’s not alot i can do about that.but i was not singling out one prison it’s only a reply to the thread, off course no one wants to see any driver held in prison no matter where it is. :wink:

:slight_smile: kitkat,no offence at all,just like posting says it was just me being nosey.The french system is guilty until proved overwise,directly opposite the english one.

[quote="froggy…The french system is guilty until proved overwise,directly opposite the english one.[/quote]

Froggy, you obviously haven’t been in a situation in this country where you’ve first yourself in the hands of the Law then :question: Sorry to tell you but in your quote both countries operate in exactly the same manner apart from over here you don’t get chucked in the clanger straight away. I’m referring to my recent incident with the wheel clampers and Plod at Solihull if you’re wondering.

Rob,read all that stuff about the clampers,not right what they did( both the clampers and the old bill that is),I can tell you this though the two systems are not the same and that is from person experience,and if and when this euro warrent comes in it will not matter what country any one is in,but the up side might be that drivers nicked overseas might get bail if they live in an E U country.
:confused: :confused: :arrow_right: