Jobs around preston or bolton...... class one..... help!

Hi,i am looking for class one work around the preston walton summit area and possible bolton areas,i have held class 1 for a few years but have only done class 2 work.
Can anyone recommend any firms for me to call into who may give me a chance at class one,i would need a bit of a refresher as its 13 yrs since i was in an artic,plus i have never been in any modern trucks all i have driven is older fodens,leylands & scania.
i have used ropes,straps & chains so at least thats not a problem :smiley: cant do the agency route as i keed a regular wage every week.

thanks in advance

Not sure if they’re hiring but why not give Interbrew at Salmesbury a call. My cousin’s husband works there on the artics and seems quite happy.

andrew prorters at adlington usually may take on new starts but it is removals and home delivery. or you could try montgomerys or just go knocking on doors

hi alix,going to bang on a few doors on monday…do you know anything about woodsides as they are nr montgomerys i think.

same as monty really if you get on the night trunk to stranrar then youll be expected to be back with in 9 hrs

L E Jones in ruthin take on new starters if you dont mind a bit of a drive im sure they’d keep ya out all week save ya commuting moneys not great but would do for experience