Help newbie seeks info mrs distribution preston

hi all,had class one for a few years and only ever done 12 months class 2 a few years ago i quite fancy a return to driving and have seen this firm advertising for class 1.
can anyone give me any info or know of any places who would give me a try on an artic in the preston or bolton area,almost forgot but i can tie dollys and have used chains and straps if that would help me.

thanks in advance chris.

1ST of all welcome to trucknet

2nd leave MRS well aloan,never heard anyony say good thing’s about them,and that includes their own driver’s.But the choice is your’s. :wink:

Welcome to TruckNet UK chris :smiley: . Sorry I cannot
help with the work situation but good luck in finding
what you are looking for :smiley: .

Chris, welcome.

If you change your profile to show the area in which you live, you might find that members will be in a position to suggest alternative employers.

Or alternatively, other employers in your area to avoid.

Or they might just ignore you anyway. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile: Welcome to TruckNet, Chris.

Do Montgomery Transport, the big firm from Northern Ireland still have a depot at Walton Summit ? Might be worth a trip out on Saturday morning to have a look around there and maybe some other local Industrial Estates. :wink:

There are some big distribution depots in Skelmersdale,- Asda and Matalan are just a couple that come to mind.
Lynx Express in Leyland are always looking (always a bad sign :laughing: ) for both night and day Trunk Drivers - Lancashire to the Midlands and back, usually. On Moss Side Industrial estate, also in Leyland, there’s a company called Naylor’s Transport.

Turner’s in Hoole,Preston and Walter Carefoot in Longridge (Artic Tippers) are long established firms, it depends how far you are willing to ‘commute’ really.

I also have heard some, er,…shall we say,negative comments made about the MRS company, but that was over a year ago and maybe things have changed…or maybe not… :wink: 'Nuff said. :slight_smile:

Good Luck with your jobsearch.

oooooh , “morning roll services” mrs, aaaaaaaargh run for the trees lads,

Welcome to TruckNetUK Chris, one for MrParry I think :wink:.