Job Advert

Have just noticed flashing advert for LGV drivers for an airline.

I think this is the same company that advertised in Commercial Motor,

“Excellent Travel Concessions - free Parking Facilities - New Cargo Facilities. Average yearly earnings of around £16,000 (incl shift pay)”

“You will need to be flexible about working at different shift times, including bank holidays, involving a 37.5 hour week”

As this seems to be based at Heathrow is this a reasonable wage (seems low to me) or are they just trying it on?

PS: sorry to slag of advertisers to the site…

I think Rikki has answered this question once! £16k for 30 odd hours doesnt seem too bad to me!

how does 12.000 a year sound for 40 hours i am in norfolk tho :confused:

I live and work close to Heathrow and that job was advertised in my local paper. The rate is below average for the area but I imagine there will be plenty of overtime opportunities and why not if only working 30 odd hours.

The travel concessions they are offering are also worth having and to my knowledge are extensively used by airport workers. It may be as much as up to 4 free flights a year to US destinations for immediate family.

in a little while the only overtime you will get is 10.5 hrs,so to make it a good wage it would have to be like triple time and a half !!!

Can’t be a very big airline. I knew some guys who drove for BA and Aer Lingus who earned 3 or 4 times that.

it’s not good money ,PMAC you don’t say on your profile what you do for a living but whatever it is you should be actively looking for a new job because that money is abysmal for ANY part of the country mate :confused:

“Excellent Travel Concessions - free Parking Facilities - New Cargo Facilities. Average yearly earnings of around £16,000 (incl shift pay)”

Does this mean they give you a truck to do your deliverys ■■

"Excellent Travel Concessions ■■

donno why else would i be on truck net if i was not a driver or a wannabe :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: but yes truck driver 18 tonner work in great yarmouth im home every night but yeah perhaps u r correct very poor money for what i do :cry:

The Heathrow job works out at £8.20 an hour for SHIFT WORK! I wouldn’t worhk days Mon-Fri for that never mind nights and weekends.And free parking and excellent travel concessions doesn’t put pressies under the tree! :cry: