Anyone want a job?

Not the best job advert I’ve seen

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=3 … mA8YDTP59Y

tmcassett:
Not the best job advert I’ve seen

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=3 … mA8YDTP59Y

£10 p/h kiss my.

Lmfao. But you get a nice truck. Lol

Also wanted…partime help in the ofise…must no how 2 werk spellchequer.

curtins :laughing:

What a laugh! C+E (preferred)

Looks like Pete Osborne spelling, is it Green Group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Small family business”. Two directors listed - an Egyptian bloke (who is also an HGV driver) and a Latvian woman.

There’s enough info from these links to find the true story. Have fun.

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp … 8/officers

google.co.uk/maps/@53.09331 … 312!8i6656

vehicle-operator-licensing. … nce/485252

I’m not too far from that area and work close by, but I’ve never heard of Midos Transport or seen a truck / trailer with that name. Might have a look down that road later as will be passing to work.

Don’t think it’s Green Group as they have their own operating licence with 12 units & trailers listed, although it’s possible they pull for other people. Not sure which of them cooked up the advert, but purely based on the company owners names, I doubt they’d notice.

£10 an hour - about standard for general haulage round here on days. Personally I’d go to Maurice Hill at £10.50 and easier container work. OK, you don’t get a “flashy” MP4 to drive but at least they’ve got their own yard and a proper office not a company registered to someones house which always rings alarm bells.

Might give it a miss even if it is a couple of miles closer to home… :slight_smile:

So they want GCSE qualifications, and expect (or aspect :smiley: ) you to shell out for a smart phone to do whatever with their pod.s. :neutral_face:

I wonder if it’s just UK work or there is opportunity for Euro - ME work?

I have worked for less then £10hr before and I live in an area more expensive then Nottingham so if I was out of work I would give it a go as I hate blue chip or wannabe blue chip companies and im a sucker for ‘family’ companies.

To take home £630 for a Monday to Friday week on the 1185L tax code, you’d need to gross £831, so at £10 an hour…

looks ok for parking overnight outside their office as they dont run fridges…

Not surprised they have had time wasters with the way he/they come across in that advert!

Also had to laugh at the bit telling people not to make silly comments and just move on. If they are a bad company to work for then people have every right to warn others/leave reviews etc.

Harry Monk:
To take home £630 for a Monday to Friday week on the 1185L tax code, you’d need to gross £831, so at £10 an hour…

FIts in nicely with the “84 hours per week” expected of trampers - doesn’t it? :wink:

Harry Monk:

I aspect they’ve included night out money to their top line figures :laughing:

muckles:

Harry Monk:

I aspect that’s the aspect they’re coming from too.

People are ribbing the £10ph but nobody knows any details. They may pay breaks etc. Plus I’ve seen worse wages!

:slight_smile:
I’ve made a few discrete enquiries…

It’s Nottingham to Cairo with the stone blocks for the Pyramid refurbishment job (ongoing, the next 300 years, apparently)…

Backloading with IBCs of Camel ■■■■ for the AG Barr factory in ■■■■■■■■■■■■
That will be for the new recipe of Irn-Bru, I’d imagine…

:sunglasses:

Funnily enough I actually saw a Midos truck in Langley Mill tonight on my way in to work.

First time I have ever noticed one but may have seen them before a couple of times but never taken any notice.

I like the comment about Mercs or Scanias myself, personally I wouldn’t shout about having Mercs although the one I saw wasn’t an Mp4 at all but the older I assume Mp3.

Personally would I work for them probably unlikley.

toonsy:

muckles:

Harry Monk:

I aspect that’s the aspect they’re coming from too.

People are ribbing the £10ph but nobody knows any details. They may pay breaks etc. Plus I’ve seen worse wages!

Yes, in fairness if the job description can be taken at face value then they sound decent enough to work for.

£10 an hour isn’t the best, but it’s not the worst either. I’m working for around £2 an hour less than the best paying jobs my agency have to offer (I’m on £12ph PAYE) , simply because I get on well with the job, the hours, the kit and the people I work with. Job satisfaction has always been at least as important to me as the top line, you spend a lot of your life at work.