james young transport

Hi to anyone who knew the drivers on James Young of Stonehouse,i knew Derek who drove the Daf Drawbar, i used see Derek at the Digs Silver Link cafe,Kincardine Brige,Scotland,Nice chap Derek,"i used to drive for Harris & Miners of Devon,& another chap i knew very well was Norman skuse from Chipping Sodbury way,he drove a 6 wheeler Albion,dont know the firm he drove for,I know norman loaded out of inverkeithing paper mill,norman, derek,Maurice Gouldthorpe Harris & Miners Driver, & me used to play cards after supper wen we stopped at Kincardine bridge,good old days Norman croad,Torquay,Devon.

transportphotos.com/road/photos Mercedes X692EPP.

JLC00128-1.jpg

does any one have photos of james young transport from stonehouse and sister company manchetts transport

thanks

hi jamie 10
so you know chris harris then
still around in wheelers old yard doing pall ex work and abit of general fleet looking very old but they keep going chris harris the owner brought youngs when manchetts packed up

hi there no i dont know him but thought fleet of sk mercedes still look smart

I’m sorry to say guys that as of April this year we ran into financial difficulties and had to close, just as has happened to many others along the way. Manchetts have all but given up haulage but for a few wagons left. Palletways have covered the area with Tooles in Droitwich who have extended there operating area. Dad I think is enjoying a few months with no stress before rejoining the ratrace! A shame for it to end in such a sudden way. . . .