J6 M25 about 8.45 this morning

Many thanks to the Lorry driver who used his truck to stop all the traffic after another car lost control in the heavy rain and aquaplaned into the side of my dads car in lane 1, sending him into a spin and ending up facing traffic in the fast lane, its very much appreciated that you helped so they could get out of the car to safety on the hard shoulder, truckers are unsung heros of the road. Dads car is a write off though, thankfully its a company car.

woo hoo a bit of praise for once shame bout ur dads car fella at least ur all ok though thats the main thing

Yeah everyone is ok, mum got treated for shock by the ambulance. I had to go and collect them from clackett lane where the car is now awaiting collection by the insurance company to be taken for assesment. Totally the other drivers fault, came down the slip road straight behind them into the second lane booted the throttle and lost the back end, ended up pushing dads car along the road before they both did some syncronised spinning. The BMW driver got away with only a damaged front wing.

On the plus side dad hated that car so he gets to pick a new one now :grimacing:

I knew it would be a BMW driver when i was reading this. I got a 325 with a few toys and u dont have to do much for the back end to go, just a shame there mostly nearly all driven by tossers as is proven in this thread. Hope ur family are all ok mate.

He wants a BMW instead of the Audi that was written off today. :grimacing:

ive got a 5 series right car part from mpg 18 at a push pottering round and its only a 2.2

I’ve got a 530i and I can’t get it to do less then 30mpg without going to the autobahns in Germany!

3’s are much worse in terms of losing the rear. The rear tyres are often wider on the more powerful models which is great in the dry but terrible in the wet - the wider rears make aquaplaning much more likely. BMW recommend to change the tyres at 3mm rather than the 1.6 legal minimum for this reason.

Good to see there are drivers out there who are willing to stop and help and use their large vehicles to ensure the safety for others, done it once or twice myself.