J23 Truckstop, M1

Not your everyday sight at a truckspot :wink:
Mine was the third bus from the left (excluding the coach)… :wink:
They were driven up from Winchester to Chesterfield for onward forwarding to Scotland… :open_mouth:

Don’t tell fibs, they are all the buses that you have broken in the last few months.

bubsy06:
Don’t tell fibs, they are all the buses that you have broken in the last few months.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Surprisingly we only had the one breakdown (and that self rectified itself) and it wasnt me… :open_mouth:

so got kicked out of your bus station then… lol

SWraith:
so got kicked out of your bus station then… lol

The buses arent needed/wanted down here anymore so they are being transferred upto somewhere in Scotland having spent there lives down here (xPN and xCD registration marks), god knows whats coming into replace them but it wont be brand new double deckers thats for sure as apparently Stagecoach Souths MD doesnt like double deckers… :unamused:
Still it was something different to do… :grimacing:

They need to be driven off a cliff.

So a bus can park in a truckstop but if a lorry parks in a bus/coach space it gets clamped ?

Suedehead:
So a bus can park in a truckstop but if a lorry parks in a bus/coach space it gets clamped ?

Just what I thought :smiley:

Suedehead:

It would be a brave clamper to clamp 9 buses and a coach :laughing:
And they’d need a big van for the clamps… :laughing:
To be fair we parked out of the way, in the corner though…

whats it like being a bus driver?

you can tell that all those buses were driven by truck drivers as they’ve all been reversed into the spaces and we all know that bus drivers can only go forwards anywhere :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
i agree about the parking though if we parked trucks in bus spaces we’d get clamped and clamps are all the same size :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

bubsy06:
They need to be driven off a cliff.

LOOK OUT, CLIFF!! :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
you can tell that all those buses were driven by truck drivers as they’ve all been reversed into the spaces and we all know that bus drivers can only go forwards anywhere :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as I know I was the only one with a HGV licence :stuck_out_tongue:

DAF95XF:

Mine was the third bus from the left (excluding the coach).

Now I know which is yours, I’ll give you a wave next time I see you out and about. :wink: :wink: :wink:

D’ya not?:
Now I know which is yours, I’ll give you a wave next time I see you out and about. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Its not my bus, I was only driving it as far as Chesterfield were it will be sent further north to Scotland… :wink:

About 1990,I remember stopping at Truckhaven at Carnforth with an empty coach,so I could get something to eat.Stopped at the gatehouse and security bod told me they didn’t take coaches.Told him I was empty,but the miserable[zb] still said no coaches.Never been back there since :smiley: If my money wasn’t good enough for them then,it’s not now.Not that I hold grudges,you understand :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You wait all day for a bus then 10 turn up a once, typical :laughing: