Anyone else noticed......

How many lorrys are parked up in coach bays at MSA’s now there is a ban on clamping us at them :smiley: Went into the moto on M180 on Tuesday morning to see about 5 parked up pon breaks and 2 or 3 still with curtains closed after a night out. I bet the managers of these places are spitting feathers with anger now us scum can park where we like again :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

Will be interesting to see if that applies to Sandbach, will be due a break there tomorrow about noon

Antos:
Will be interesting to see if that applies to Sandbach, will be due a break there tomorrow about noon

Which direction - I’ll be passing there from the ■■■■■■■ direction, hopefully be at the M6 toll services around half twelve, IF and a big IF the kids come out on time and I leave Newby Bridge at 09:30, oh wait a pig flew past :laughing: :laughing:

When did this happen?

is it payback for all the caravans in the truck spaces?

Southbound between 10.30 and 12.30 depending on traffic in Manchester and M6 s/b thereafter

I fueled up at Keele this afternoon to about 4.30pm and there was a rac man parked across about 4 coach bays :smiley: and 2 artics sat just after the coach bays in the old “no go zone” one foreign plate and one UK with the driver catching flies head rested on windscreen despite there being loads of room in the lorry park :laughing:

44 Tonne Ton:
When did this happen?

That’s what I’m curious about to :confused:

How long has there been a ban on clamping trucks at MSAs and who introduced the ban ■■

The ban on clamping on any private property came into force few sundays ago I think it was all over the news here in Nottingham. Only councils can clamp legally now as it is “public land” or something like that leaving us to park freely where we want at MSA’s :sunglasses:
Was talking to a driver in Ipswich t’other day who warned me about the clampers down there, I got in a position to reverse into a yard and the nob head was up my bonnet in about 10 seconds as I waited for space and told me he would clamp me if I didnt move it now and not to mess about waiting :unamused: Driver said they’re always like that as its something to do with council or something :angry:

Found this direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_190178
Will try and find something that says it has come into force, our radio reported it a few weeks back stating that day… :confused:

homeoffice.gov.uk/media-cent … l-clamping
Says here will be in Novemeber, must of mis heard it when reported I thought she said it was in effect but it must of been around the 17th when they announced. Maybe the clampers have given up knowing they are losing the battle? I havent seen folk parking like they have recently without clampers being about like recently though. Roll on Novemeber and until then just beware… :sunglasses:

but could they not just fine you for parking illegally :question: ,no idea really but ill leave it to brave/thick to find out answer before i venture again into coach bay

ady1:
but could they not just fine you for parking illegally :question: ,no idea really but ill leave it to brave/thick to find out answer before i venture again into coach bay

If ever you get a parking ticket from anybody other than the police or the council “DO NOT PAY” as its not enforceable, only the police and the council have the power to do this…Just ignore anything they put through the post to you ie threatening letters, court threats etc.Once you ignore eventually they will go away… There s loads about this on the forums of moneysavingexpert.com (motoring sections)

So I take it that anyone who has been clamped and has paid up can now claim a full refund against it?

If it has always been illegal for anyone other than plod or a council to clamp, then I suppose you could claim a refund.

Look at all the PPI claims going on at the minute.

mr lordi:

ady1:

If ever you get a parking ticket from anybody other than the police or the council “DO NOT PAY” as its not enforceable, only the police and the council have the power to do this…Just ignore anything they put through the post to you ie threatening letters, court threats etc.Once you ignore eventually they will go away… There s loads about this on the forums of moneysavingexpert.com (motoring sections)

Don’t take that as Gospel. Several top bods on pepipoo ended up with egg on their faces not so long ago when dishing out that advice to one member :

oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news- … 6/parking-

Rob K:

mr lordi:

ady1:

Don’t take that as Gospel. Several top bods on pepipoo ended up with egg on their faces not so long ago when dishing out that advice to one member :

Im speaking from my own experiences, as a mate of mine got a parking ticket at cambridge services (i think ) from the anpr cameras for being over the two hour parking rules… He ignored there correspondence for six months as advised by mse forums and up to now (a year on ) has heard no more…After reading Rob K s replies this same company who issued the ticket and won the court case also lost over 300 more…fortune favours the brave and all that :wink:

mr lordi:

Rob K:

mr lordi:

ady1:

Im speaking from my own experiences, as a mate of mine got a parking ticket at cambridge services (i think ) from the anpr cameras for being over the two hour parking rules… He ignored there correspondence for six months as advised by mse forums and up to now (a year on ) has heard no more…After reading Rob K s replies this same company who issued the ticket and won the court case also lost over 300 more…fortune favours the brave and all that :wink:

I’m not saying it doesn’t work, quite the opposite in fact, but I’m just warning that it can and has “gone wrong” for some.

I wouldnt worry about this old case…Perkins and his company are well known and as other posters have said, no one other than police and councils can “fine” you.
The rest issue invoices which are often illegal anyway.

If you read up on the case quoted, I think blaming the internet forums for the loss is an overstatement

One of Tony & Gordons quangos is being abolished along with about 175 others.

The one that oversees the clamping scum and tattooed thuggery is the SIA

Security Industry Authority is on the list to be abolished