It had to happen!!!

It finally happened, I was let loose on my own in an artic (well 2 of us actually both from Hounslow)… :open_mouth:
And I was thrown in at the deep end - a double deck trailer :open_mouth:

well done those brave drivers ,and got back safely i hope , no cashing up either

Nice one - but did you break anything? :laughing:

dilbert:
well done those brave drivers ,and got back safely i hope , no cashing up either

It actually took 5/6 attempts to park where I was :blush:
Even more embarrasing when another truck turned, reversed in one hit and had uncoupled by the time I got in :blush:
The other driver with me was very understanding and was guiding me in and knew it was my first time :blush:

Darby Flyer:
Nice one - but did you break anything? :laughing:

Nope :sunglasses:

never mind ther double decker trailer, someone has given you a renault :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:
never mind ther double decker trailer, someone has given you a renault :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I quite like them actually :open_mouth:
There is an arm rest for the left arm… :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

As bad as a Dennis Dart eh DAF?? :laughing:

I started after a stint on the buses as well and it was a great feeling for a while.

■■■ in the hand, radio up full and my choice which way I wanted to go and when I used a stretch of road that used to be one of my routes I loved seeing my old bus number with the driver looking like he was ready to top himself.

6 years on and I still get a pick me up seeing one of my old buses and start enjoying my job again, for a few minutes. :laughing:

Only joking as its the best move I made, I could write all day about how much I hated bus driving.

Apart from being extra careful with your height deckers are fine, just don`t be swinging it about if you have a good bit of weight on.

Give it a while and reversing will become natural and you will struggle in a rigid trying to remember which way to turn the wheel. :confused:

aranger:
Give it a while and reversing will become natural and you will struggle in a rigid trying to remember which way to turn the wheel. :confused:

bit like when you jump in the car after being away all week and turn the steering wheel the wrong way to back out of the space :blush:

""bit like when you jump in the car after being away all week and turn the steering wheel the wrong way to back out of the space “”
Surely a professional driver would ALWAYS REVERSE in to a parking space!!!

HA… Notice from a distance the reg looks like the first 3 letters are POS… Piece Of S… :laughing:

You should take it for a spin solo, feel some real power :sunglasses:

Steve-o:
HA… Notice from a distance the reg looks like the first 3 letters are POS… Piece Of S… :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Anyway, I did drive it back solo - it didnt half go like ZB off shovel :open_mouth:

DAF95XF:

Steve-o:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Anyway, I did drive it back solo - it didnt half go like ZB off shovel :open_mouth:

That’s the kind of power you want in a dennis dart. The old granny wont even have finished pulling her ticket off the machine and she’'ll be thrown right through the back window :laughing:

Is it a 450?

Steve-o:
That’s the kind of power you want in a dennis dart. The old granny wont even have finished pulling her ticket off the machine and she’'ll be thrown right through the back window :laughing:

Is it a 450?

I think its a 450…

DAF95XF:

Steve-o:

Is it a 450?

I think its a 450…

Yeah,its a 450.

give yr slf 20yrs exp bet you wont be having a ■■■■ over a frog then
seriously good luck in your chossen carreer

Well done on making the move to a better job!
From one who moved the other way 30 years ago because of a back injury caused by wagon driving. Look after your back!! Although with that job I suspect it’s all pallet work and no handballing, like it was in the late 70’s.
Good luck in your new job and I hope that now you are earning a decent wage for a change that your financial problems will soon be a thing of the past.
Just take it steady and don’t be afraid to ask when you are unsure of anything, if your work colleagues won’t tell you you know that someone on here will help.