J R Smith in Tring, Herts

Hello everyone…

Do you know anything about this company■■?

I only know they do European work. Holland, Germany and Belgium…

Ta

André

They used to do a lot of work for TNT out of Northampton,but not sure if they still do.Top motors tho’.

I think this is a little funny… 167 klicks and 1 answer. Is it such a small company that nobody knows em■■?

What kind of motors have they got■■?

I used to run to spain with some of their drivers and never heard many complaints but dunno details im afraid.
Motors seem to be big volvo xls and daf ssc
try to catch a driver either at dover or the chunnle and ask him about it

The TNT work they were doing was european.
Trucks are are big Volvo’s,Scania’s,DAF’s and an Iveco Eurostar or two.

they are still doing tnt doing paris ,milan.arnem,brussells.i was doing the same for another company for £65.00 per shift until they started asking me to germany wich 3 days off runing maximun tcho time at less than £4.50 p.h and yes yes was a tnt job doing car spares, night out rate was £25.00.if you want company name just let me know. they also employ polish drivers at £45.00 per day !yes this a company based in northampton.

and they exspect you to break tacho regs i would name an shame if allowed i was sacked foe refusing. But have now informed .vosa,tax man as they employ polish drivers cash in hand.ALL I WAS TRYING TO EARN WAS CRUST TO FAMILY BUT AS I REFUSED YO RUN BENT THEY SACKED ME.MY LICENCE ME THAT HAS TO PAY I WOULD RATHER BE ON THE DOLL!

@easy2004

I don´t think thats enough money for me. Sorry… I´m German and I´ve been driving for German haulage companies up to now.
There is only one thing to say about them. THEY ALL RUN BENT!!! Sometimes up to 100 hours/week…

The companies over here pay about 2000 - 2100 € before tax (monthly).That´s approx 350 Pounds / week before tax.

If you´re not married that means about 1300 € after tax ( 225 Pounds/week ) and if you´re married it equals out at about 1600 € ( 275 Pounds/week ).
Plus night out money which is payed in different ways.

If they pay the international money it´s: 24 hours / 14-24 hours / 8-14 hours

In € In Pounds

Germany
24 / 12 / 6 — 16,55 / 8,27 / 4,13
Belgium, Ireland, GB
42 / 28 / 14 — 28,97 / 19,31 / 9,66
NL, France, Luxemburg
39 / 26 / 13 — 26,90 / 17,93 / 8,97
Paris
48 / 32 / 16 — 33,10 / 22,10 / 11
London
60 / 40 / 20 — 40 / 27 / 13,50

In a good month you take home: ( cash after tax )
non - married: 2100 € - 2300 € / 365 - 400 Pounds/week
married: 2400 € - 2700 € / 410 - 465 Pounds/week

Or they just pay the German night out money, no mind where you go. And thats really ■■■■, because you (non-married) won´t exceed 1800 € - 310 Pounds/week cash

So, do you know now, why I want to work for a british company■■?

inseldriver, easy2004 was referring to another company and not jr.
the other company could have green trucks with yellow writing and a name similar to a bloke that used to ride a horse called trigger, then again they could be blue and white and have a name that means small motorised vehicle but it could also refer to another company with blue trucks and have a picture of a chap in armor riding a horse and holding a long pole in his hand.
as far as i know (from the few drivers i have met) jr seem to be a reputable company, i met one of their drivers a few weeks back and he had to wait about 5 hours to load, he should then have drove to another collection point about 40 minutes away but refused because his time was up, his company backed him over it too, sound, absolutely spot on.

The compnay could be named after your mother who lives up north ? so what would you call your mother up north? m*m thats what !!

Don’t know them, but always thought they had some mighty fine Volvo’s on the roads ! I do remember taking photos of one at a MSA somewhere.

■■
Jo

I think I´ll give em a try…
I´ve already sent back the application form, lets see if they invite me for an interview…

Thanks a lot for writing so much…

Ta.

Insel-Driver:
@easy2004

I don´t think thats enough money for me. Sorry… I´m German and I´ve been driving for German haulage companies up to now.
There is only one thing to say about them. THEY ALL RUN BENT!!! Sometimes up to 100 hours/week…

The companies over here pay about 2000 - 2100 € before tax (monthly).That´s approx 350 Pounds / week before tax.

If you´re not married that means about 1300 € after tax ( 225 Pounds/week ) and if you´re married it equals out at about 1600 € ( 275 Pounds/week ).
Plus night out money which is payed in different ways.

If they pay the international money it´s: 24 hours / 14-24 hours / 8-14 hours

In € In Pounds

Germany
24 / 12 / 6 — 16,55 / 8,27 / 4,13
Belgium, Ireland, GB
42 / 28 / 14 — 28,97 / 19,31 / 9,66
NL, France, Luxemburg
39 / 26 / 13 — 26,90 / 17,93 / 8,97
Paris
48 / 32 / 16 — 33,10 / 22,10 / 11
London
60 / 40 / 20 — 40 / 27 / 13,50

In a good month you take home: ( cash after tax )
non - married: 2100 € - 2300 € / 365 - 400 Pounds/week
married: 2400 € - 2700 € / 410 - 465 Pounds/week

Or they just pay the German night out money, no mind where you go. And thats really [zb], because you (non-married) won´t exceed 1800 € - 310 Pounds/week cash

So, do you know now, why I want to work for a british company■■?

Huh,don’t remember me :slight_smile:
Now here in Hatfeeld was 2 Year ago
Class 1 Driver,from £26000.-/Year
2day
Class 1 Driver up to £19000.-/Year

easy2004:
they are still doing tnt doing paris ,milan.arnem,brussells.i was doing the same for another company for £65.00 per shift until they started asking me to germany wich 3 days off runing maximun tcho time at less than £4.50 p.h and yes yes was a tnt job doing car spares, night out rate was £25.00.if you want company name just let me know. they also employ polish drivers at £45.00 per day !yes this a company based in northampton.

yes mam :laughing:

oddsodz:
The compnay could be named after your mother who lives up north ? so what would you call your mother up north? m*m thats what !!

They might have ORANGE trucks with white lettering :wink:

The Rustler:

oddsodz:

They might have ORANGE trucks with white lettering :wink:

That’s the crowd don’t get them mixed up whith Smiths
JRSmith good well established company run professionally. been going over 60 years and still going that tells you something good firm to work for and they are looking for night drivers.

this thread is SIX years old !! wtf :laughing: :laughing:

shade:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Lovlyperson, what are you at

shade:

It was reignited by lovelyperson on Monday

i swear lovely person needs to get out more lol