Bowmur's Cannock

Anybody got any info an these? hours? money? general conditions?

Also does anyone know if they do any subby work?

Ta

£315/week for a 60/hr week. They run high mileage 4-series Scania Streamline cabs and you’ll be expected to run to your max hours and do 5 nights out which are paid at £14.50 per overnight.

Hope this helps.

Yep - loads!

Think Ill forget about that one lol

They’re not the best payers but the lads seem happy enough although the majority of them seem to be from the Eastern Bloc.

I’d heard all their night trunkers spoke with a slightly polish accent lol

Surely that wage works out at less than the minimum wage per hour.
Still, market force rules i suppose.

I was speaking to one of there drivers several months ago,he was saying there aren’t many of the old drivers still there.
There are a lot of Poles on there,and they live in the yard in caravans.

Though that’s not exclusive either,I know of a company in Northampton who have a lot of east europeans working for them,who also live in caravans in the yard.

They used to live in converted containers on another site up the road. ( A 5 )

harry:
They used to live in converted containers on another site up the road. ( A 5 )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Gotta go in there t`morra ( fri…) to pick up a load , hope the fork lift driver speaks english ! !

You will be doing well if you can keep up with any of their motors on the road, they dont hang about, usually a sign of poor wages.

Yep they now belong to maersk better job now than it was so i’m told. All low cab scanias go like ■■■■ off a shovel. Lots of Poles working there. Job much the same as any other container haulier .

Snooze Control:
They’re not the best payers but the lads seem happy enough although the majority of them seem to be from the Eastern Bloc.

i didn’t get that impression the other day, i was talking to a driver that does days only and he has had enough.
they pay a daily rate which equates to around 10.5 hours pay but the work has now reached 3 x 15 hour days and 2 x 13 hour days.
his typical runs used to be within 80 miles, now it’s sunderland, cantebury, a local and then to felixstowe etc. sometimes he used to get 3 locals in a day and be asked if he could do the last one but now he says they tell him what he’s doing and ignore the fact he’ll be working for 3 hours unpaid.
definately not a happy bunny.
he says he’s leaving after christmas so they’ll need to get some more poles in.