Iveco Stralis Brakes

I had posted this on the newbie section as not a lot of mileage up yet so hope mods dont mind me posting here again as was got only one answer in newbie section anyhow here goes

Was out last night for Royal Mail in a Iveco Stralis auto box and after picking up iveco and curtainsider the brakes were so severe that no matter how lightly u toched the pedal you would nearly be out through the windscreen wheels wouldnt lock up or anything although i was taking it easy.
Pulled in checked for the handle at the rear of the trailor that brings the air down to the trailer cant think whats its called usually beside the trailor brake couldnt find it so checked trailor air bags and they looked full.
Got to yard asked shunter would he check for that lever for me he couldnt find it either the trailor brake button was beside the suzys so turned on that and turned it off again.
Loaded 9 trolleys then off i went but was still the same with the brakes then about 20 miles later coming into a roundabout was braking and brakes were complete opposite took ages to stop and auto box wasnt changing down was only doing about 40 and autobox showing 11 but didnt change down till i was at a complete stop.
After that all was normal brakes were as they should be so what ever happened seemed to have fixed the prob.
Then after about 80 miles later on way back to yard same again brakes very severe back to what it orginally was.
Now questions ?

What would cause this would it be faulty sensors on trailor ?
Would you VOR and call a fitter out ?

Maybe the load sensing valve.

sammy:

x1
It is supposed to sense the weight of the trailer and adjust the brakes accordinly, I have pulled empty trailers with load sensing valves that think the trailer is fully loaded, great fun :laughing:

sammy:

+1
Normally a sod to replicate around a fitter though!

Although IVECO brakes can be quite fierce generally.

Scarab:

sammy:

+1
Normally a sod to replicate around a fitter though!

Although IVECO brakes can be quite fierce generally.

Not a majorly expensive part if I remember correctly from my days in the garage stores

Isn’t it usually

Iveco Stralis Breaks :laughing:

either load sensing valve on the trailer is on the blink or it has a A.B.S / E.B.S fault as both will give max air supply to brakes asif it was loaded. if the *docking valve :wink: * was set wrong it could also cause it but if yous couldnt find it it may not have one as not all trailers do.

yes a faulty sensor eg a.b.s sensor or a faulty valve would cause it.
yes call a fitter out & if not to inconvinient then v.o.r it but definetly report it.

truckers boy:
either load sensing valve on the trailer is on the blink or it has a A.B.S / E.B.S fault as both will give max air supply to brakes asif it was loaded. if the *docking valve :wink: * was set wrong it could also cause it but if yous couldnt find it it may not have one as not all trailers do.

yes call a fitter out & if not to inconvinient then v.o.r it but definetly report it.

Or just drop it in the yard and let the next driver worry about it seems to be the fashion in my yard :imp: :imp:

n17 trucker:

truckers boy:

Or just drop it in the yard and let the next driver worry about it seems to be the fashion in my yard :imp: :imp:

seems like that nearly everywere now. said it befor & ill say it again alot of drivers these days couldnt give a foook about anyone but themselves.

truckers boy:

n17 trucker:

truckers boy:

seems like that nearly everywere now. said it befor & ill say it again alot of drivers these days couldnt give a foook about anyone but themselves.

Yep we do a couple of jobs which involve changeovers, flat tyres, mudguards missing, abs warnings,bulbs blown… ffs can’t all be the shunters fault…■■? :unamused: :unamused:
Just to add to that picked up a loaded box from our yard last month only had 3 twistlocks… I know some drivers are mentally challenged but even my 3 yr old grandson can count to 4… :imp: ps no I did’nt run with it…

cheers for replys