Iveco Stralis Brakes

Was out last night for Royal Mail in a Iveco Stralis auto box and after picking up iveco and curtainsider the brakes were so severe that no matter how lightly u toched the pedal you would nearly be out through the windscreen wheels wouldnt lock up or anything although i was taking it easy.
Pulled in checked for the handle at the rear of the trailor that brings the air down to the trailer cant think whats its called usually beside the trailor brake couldnt find it so checked trailor air bags and they looked full.
Got to yard asked shunter would he check for that lever for me he couldnt find it either the trailor brake button was beside the suzys so turned on that and turned it off again.
Loaded 9 trolleys then off i went but was still the same with the brakes then about 20 miles later coming into a roundabout was braking and brakes were complete opposite took ages to stop and auto box wasnt changing down was only doing about 40 and autobox showing 11 but didnt change down till i was at a complete stop.
After that all was normal brakes were as they should be so what ever happened seemed to have fixed the prob.
Then after about 80 miles later on way back to yard same again brakes very severe back to what it orginally was.
Now questions ?

What would cause this would it be faulty sensors on trailor ?
Would you VOR and call a fitter out ?

It`s kind of electric sensor or the brakes power regulater but when the gear doesent go down to help stopping it must be the electrics. The best to visit service, and do a computer check.

Sometimes autoboxes don’t knock the gears down, by themselfs, not just ivecos. How much weight did you have in it when you first picked it up?

nedflanders:
Was out last night for Royal Mail in a Iveco Stralis auto box and after picking up iveco and curtainsider the brakes were so severe that no matter how lightly u toched the pedal you would nearly be out through the windscreen wheels wouldnt lock up or anything although i was taking it easy.
Pulled in checked for the handle at the rear of the trailor that brings the air down to the trailer cant think whats its called usually beside the trailor brake couldnt find it so checked trailor air bags and they looked full.
Got to yard asked shunter would he check for that lever for me he couldnt find it either the trailor brake button was beside the suzys so turned on that and turned it off again.
Loaded 9 trolleys then off i went but was still the same with the brakes then about 20 miles later coming into a roundabout was braking and brakes were complete opposite took ages to stop and auto box wasnt changing down was only doing about 40 and autobox showing 11 but didnt change down till i was at a complete stop.
After that all was normal brakes were as they should be so what ever happened seemed to have fixed the prob.
Then after about 80 miles later on way back to yard same again brakes very severe back to what it orginally was.
Now questions ?

What would cause this would it be faulty sensors on trailor ?
Would you VOR and call a fitter out ?

Don’t tell Red Squirrel that the Royal Mail run dodgy trailers, you don’t know who reads these forums, there maybe a Pakistani VOSA man listening :laughing:

If it happens again, try and reconnect your air lines, maybe the non return valve hasn’t opened far enough :bulb:

Faulty load sensing valve. Common as dirt. Watch the smoke come off the tyres!