Trailer

Trailer I had on today, not much weight only 6-7 tonne, every time I breathed on the brakes at low speeds (Central London) the trailer brakes were snatching, going to put a defect in when I get back in the morning but just being a nosey so and so and wanted to know what could be doing this??

sounding like no ABS buddy

Had no warnings on dash all day, I was guessing load sensor, but that’s a complete guess

I’m not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, but if I had to take a punt I’d say load sensing valve too. I stand to be corrected though.

the maoster:
I’m not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, but if I had to take a punt I’d say load sensing valve too. I stand to be corrected though.

Sounds right to me as well

how old is the trailer?

also, does the trailer have a valve to lift or lower the air suspension?

how old is the trailer, does it have a green lamp on the head board, that comes on with the foot brake?

also, does the trailer have a valve to lift or lower the air suspension?

Happens on light trailer? Load sensing valve stuck/dirty/banjaxed. Had it before. ABS simply couldn’t keep up and there’s smoked coming up to roundabouts. Mind you that was 12 years ago when it was ABS and not EBS. Maybe EBS is not infallible either.

It’s a slemish with an auto lift axle and no air suspension adjuster and no green headboard light, not sure of age