Iveco Stralis advice

HI there

I’m about to take over a '60 plate Stralis but its an automatic and I’ve never driven one before.

Is there anything I should be aware of and any tips you can give me? :unamused:

Press the D button and point in the direction you want to go.

Press twice for manual. Same for Reverse… Has a quick and slow reverse selectable by the right stalk.

If it’s an Active Space 3, then it’s not a bad place to spend a day, the rest are just cheap ■■■■ motors.

An ‘I’m getting a brand new truck’ post if ever I saw one. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a bad truck but it will keep showing loads of warnings for no good reason other than to keep you entertained. :wink: Gear box is okay once you’ve played with it for a couple of days.

If it’s an Active Space 3, then it’s not a bad place to spend a day, the rest are just cheap [zb] motors.

No change there then! :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
An ‘I’m getting a brand new truck’ post if ever I saw one. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Not at all! I’m gen concerned about driving and auto. Would much prefer a manual.

Wash it and it will show even more warnings

Been driving an '08 plate Stralis, apart from the push buttons for gear selection which took a bit of getting used to it’s not a bad unit. If you’ve got a decent lump it will be quick on pull away when empty. Can’t find faults except that it rattles as it has had some usage.

make sure you got the phone number for the Iveco breakdown recovery line :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you will be on first name terms with the local fitters before very long :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Paul Gloria Meadows:
I’m about to take over a '60 plate Stralis

Never mind. :laughing:

Ken.

Paul Gloria Meadows ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

On the plus side,if you run a mixed fleet you will always find your motor in the yard in the morning, if the night boys have a choice they wont take an iveco :laughing:

Rob K:

Its an army thing. I got nicknamed after the hippo in the film madagasca. Yes, I’m a fat lad. Lol.

Paul Gloria Meadows:

Rob K:

Its an army thing. I got nicknamed after the hippo in the film madagasca. Yes, I’m a fat lad. Lol.

Oh right! :laughing: Carry on then… > :slight_smile:

You’ve just got to think abit more in advance with the auto, No more rapid gettaways on roundabouts!!! you’ll be fine after a few days with it though. The cabs have more than enough room, just a bit plasticy. :unamused:

Keep a couple of rolls of “Gaffer Tape” in the cab, plus ratchet straps to fasten the bits back on, that “fall off” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
I had a 460 for a week … ok motor - pulled well … but it made the Twingos we have look like a Rolls Royce :unamused: :unamused:

It
Vibrates
Everything
Comes
Off

nuff said :unamused:

We had a hire stralis for a little while, a lot of things didn’t work but the main one was the radio. It is in these times you realise you’re a little insane by talking to yourself :blush:

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever lads! Mines fine, no rattles either! Well apart from the total engine rebuild after 280k! lol! Apparantly thats due to pistons that are on recall for some reason…

So if you have a 450, beware! :laughing:

450bhp is the 10L engine i think?. Funny but years ago IVECO made huge engines 18L v8 at 420bhp, and 15L 320bhp etc, yet now 450bhp from 10L and 560bhp from 13L would seem a bit streched to me?.

NB12:
450bhp is the 10L engine i think?. Funny but years ago IVECO made huge engines 18L v8 at 420bhp, and 15L 320bhp etc, yet now 450bhp from 10L and 560bhp from 13L would seem a bit streched to me?.

Yeah the 450 is a 10l whereas the 500 and 560 are 13l…