Iveco Lorry

Had a chance to drive one yesterday down to Portsmouth, a ‘quick job’ the agency called it. Took almost 6 hours to to it all and boy was it chucking it down on the way home. Have to admit that it isn’t a favourite lorry of mine to drive even though I’ve only driven it once.

Has any one else driven one (surely someone must have), what are your coments.

All the juicy bits are on the blog as it saves having to cut and paste.

We use them for training. Excellent for that as we’re rarely in them for more than a couple of hours. Ivecos lack creature comforts and gismos. They wear badly. More than a couple of years old and the rattles are going for it and the trim starts to give up. Lousy for long distance as too noisy and uncomfortable.
As always, horses for courses. Long distance - Scania, Volvo, - pottering round town - Iveco wins every time.
But at least you got to drive something. It’s all experience. Enjoy :laughing: :laughing:

Iveco = It Vibrates Everything Comes Off LOL

Isn’t it owned by Fiat
Fix
It
Again
Tony

I would tend to agree, that for long haul something more comfortable like Scania or MAN, still not so sure about driving Iveco around town. The experience was most (sort of) enjoyable.

thought it was a complete piece of ■■■! then the second time i drove one. i realised it WILL go into first gear once you have come to a halt. :unamused: . then next day i drove a merc atego. now that really is apile of crap. reverse is a joke second gear takes muscles. dont mind the ivecos now. better than walking i suppose :astonished:

They aren’t built well, or from quality parts, but they are cheap. They work well enough while they’re reasonably new. Just remember, you see plenty of old Volvos, MANs, Scanias and mercs around, but you don’t see many old Ivecos…because they fell apart.

allikat:
you don’t see many old Ivecos…because they fell apart.

lol unless you are a scaffolder :smiley:

This one was Auto with a manual override if required(I guess). Once it got going it wasn’t bad but it just didn’t want to go in a straight line without letting it know who’s boss. Had another call to go back to them today to do another run, but I feel so knackered that I had no option but to say no.

I think I am the only person in the country that likes Renault Premiums and hates driving Scanias!!! So I had best not offer my opinion… :blush:

Iveco things…Worst truck I have ever had the misfortune to drive, I do try and blag another truck if there is more than one agency driver on the scene.
New Volvos are nice, only thing you have to do in those is fall asleep, everything is done for you :open_mouth:
Mercs are good, the bigger ones, the smaller ones are a pain.
Dafs are the best for me, comfy, powerful and a brilliant horn on the things, actually very easy to make people jump in built up areas…Keeps me awake anyways. :laughing:

Its ford not fiat who they run under.

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Its as well that lotus dont do lorries LOTS OF TROUBLE USUALLY SERIOUS

I was working for Greggs again last week and mostly driving this:

I liked it, the auto box was ok, not as good as the iShift but better than the auto on the XF I had the other week.

I don’t like the poor build quality and seemingly poop electrics, all manner of warnings came up at random on the computer screen and then went away after a few minutes.

I liked the handy cooler box by the drivers seat and the bottom bunk converting to a table and 2 seats is a good idea.

That IVECO looks and sounds a lot better than the one I drove.

The only Iveco’s I have driven are an old Cargo on an E - reg 12 years ago that was a horrible thing that you wanted to jump out of as soon as you got going. The other Iveco I have driven was a 51 - reg Super Cargo that I did my class 2 training and test in.
I hate the thing’s, I think they are cheaply built and as a result are very uncomfy and very unreliable, the plus thing about Iveco’s is that you know whatever you will drive after them will be better.