Iveco Eurocargo BEWARE

It Vibrates Everything Comes Off is so apt.

I got a nice new shiny truck (12 tonner) 6 weeks ago, heres the spec:

90 litre fuel tank.
Original mirrors hacked off and cheapies put on upside down, with the added benefit of being able to see 50% of the body and all of the window channel in em, I had to quote EC2003/97 and defect the truck to get the drivers side mirror turned the right way round.
NO CUP HOLDER.
Turbo that sounds like a cat being strung by its gonads. replaced after 1000 kms and still does the same oh and they found a loose exhaust manifold!
Windscreen thats rather nicely oversprayed, great fun when sun is low!
No gear stick, WTF, I love being stranded on roundabouts somewhere between 2nd and 3rd whilst the electronics makes up its mind, and wtf is changing up when descending with the exhaust brake on all about?
Various plugs not clipped in (diesel pre filter and H/L leveller come to mind).
Rubber seal for roof spoiler not secure, I daren’t take the thing thru the truck wash.
Overhead speaker grilles that randomly fall off, fantastic on the A6 just out of Buxton, I almost pooed myself when one landed on the steering wheel.
Assorted loose screws that rattle around overhead.
Power steering not bled.
ULW in cab sticker read 4460 kg :open_mouth: , I wonder what they used to set the faulty on board Vanweigh system!
Lettering down the side that seems to have been put on by someone with wonky eyesight.
Oh and lots and lots of brittle plastic, I think it’ll explode into millions of shards if I ever prang it.

Credit goes to Iveco, Guest Trucks and Pro Hire for a fantastic service, hopefully when they stop blaming each other I might get a truck that is reasonable to drive. The real (non sarcastic) credit goes to Pelican at Whitwood for sorting some things out promptly.

If your a fleet manager/buyer and really want rid of your drivers buy them a min spec eurocrappo.

BTW C2 driver looking for work in West Yorks, will drive almost anything.

another stupid thing about those is when you bung the cruise control on and take your foot off the gas the retarder comes on and i have to change the setting to stop it. I had a euro a while back with 27,000 miles and the clutch was well gone :slight_smile:

we had one from hire company to shioft the back log of work what a crate :laughing: gearstick is in wrong place , simple answer there garbage .

drivers at our place kept complaing no one would resolve it so they all fetched it back with something broken each day which wasnt hard , soon changed it for daf’s which seamed much better still rubbish all the same

MADBAZ:

almost meaning dont offer you an iveco :laughing:

scanny77:

MADBAZ:

I’ll drive almost anything includes Ivecos :open_mouth: , I have driven 57 plate eurocargos but they were ‘highline’ spec, no probs, but these are absolute crap, today the gutter (sister wagon) on the rear flap dropped off hitting the driver, also the other sister has a burnt out loom.

MADBAZ:

scanny77:

MADBAZ:

I’ll drive almost anything includes Ivecos :open_mouth: , I have driven 57 plate eurocargos but they were ‘highline’ spec, no probs, but these are absolute crap, today the gutter (sister wagon) on the rear flap dropped off hitting the driver, also the other sister has a burnt out loom.

Burnt out loom on an Iveco . . . never !! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Ive driven an 07 Eurocargo 7.5tonner when I moved house last month and it was awful - same as the 17t version I had to move the other night!!!
In fact out of the rigids we have currently in our yard (MAN TGA on hire, 2 Eurocargos on hire, 2 DAF LF and a million and 1 18T Renault Midlums -dont get me started on those turning circles- Id take the Midlum hands down :open_mouth: